Next Period to be Covered by a Paradox Strategy Game?

Started by Queequeg, April 14, 2014, 08:56:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What period or time in history would you want to see covered in the next Paradox game?

Neolithic-Chalcolithic
0 (0%)
Bronze Age
2 (7.7%)
Early Iron Age General
1 (3.8%)
Classical Greece
5 (19.2%)
Hellenistic
5 (19.2%)
Roman Empire
7 (26.9%)
New Game on Dark AGes
2 (7.7%)
CK3
0 (0%)
EUV
0 (0%)
Victoria III
4 (15.4%)

Total Members Voted: 25

celedhring

I'd love a CK-like game that covered the Hellenistic period through the fall of the Roman Empire. However, the "never will happen" game of my dreams would be one set in the Late Bronze-Iron ages. Playing the Assyrians  :wub:

Valmy

Quote from: celedhring on April 15, 2014, 04:55:20 AM
I'd love a CK-like game that covered the Hellenistic period through the fall of the Roman Empire. However, the "never will happen" game of my dreams would be one set in the Late Bronze-Iron ages. Playing the Assyrians  :wub:

Elamites4eva!
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Josquius

As I've said a bagillion times before an ancient Greece game would be awesome but would have to move somewhat away from the established map based conquer 'em up format; that was the main problem with Rome, even though the Romans were far more into that sort of thing.
██████
██████
██████

Darth Wagtaros

PDH!

Viking

Game in the ancient middle east, starting with narmer or sargon. Where each empire earns points for the player who can then spend them when the empire falls on tech for the next barbarian/invading tribe when he takes over that. The tech level then determines how large the empire can get before it goes decadent. The last barbarian invader will be alexander.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Barrister

Ever play the old Avalon Hill board game Civilization?

There's a fun game to be had in that time period.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Zanza

A 4X space game with some of the best mechanics from CK2 and EUIV and some space-specific mechanics.

crazy canuck

Quote from: Barrister on April 15, 2014, 10:41:47 AM

That was made into a computer game.  It was not that fun.

Barrister

Quote from: crazy canuck on April 15, 2014, 11:44:56 AM

I have that computer game somewhere.  It wasn't bad, as far as "board game to computer game conversions" go.

But was more just commenting on the general time period itself.

That was made into a computer game.  It was not that fun.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

CountDeMoney

celedhring

It was the first strategy game I ever owned  :wub:

Actually my hardon for that time period probably stems from those times.

Maladict

I still have it. Sadly, it's the Dutch version so it isn't worth shit.

Norgy

Razgovory

I voted Bronze Age, but you know, I'd actually like to see a 4x space game come from them.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Darth Wagtaros

PDH!