News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

[SPOILERS] A Dance With Dragons

Started by Viking, July 12, 2011, 03:50:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Viking

Enjoying it much. There is another wedding with Frey's in it.

Quote[info]grrm wrote:
Jun. 29th, 2011 02:38 pm (UTC)
Actually, if you consider "surfing the internet" as the 21st century analogue of "walking down the street," spoilers ARE falling from the sky, in all kinds of unlikely places.

Edited at 2011-06-29 02:38 pm (UTC)
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Josquius

If there is to be such a thread can we not have like

PAGE 341

OMFG! RHAEGAR WAS A HERMAPHRODITTE AND IS JON SNOW'S MOTHER
██████
██████
██████

Sophie Scholl

There are more Targeryans than Starks. :bleeding:
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

grumbler

Very confusing start.  How did Samwell Tarley get back up north again?  Seems the book backtracks and starts before the third book ends.  Chronology gets confused as a result.

So far, am about 150 pages in, and feel that maybe 50-75 of those pages shouldn't be in the book.  Once again, there are too many characters, too many agendas, too many anecdotes, and too many viewpoints.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Habbaku

Quote from: grumbler on July 12, 2011, 07:14:05 PM
Very confusing start.  How did Samwell Tarley get back up north again?  Seems the book backtracks and starts before the third book ends.  Chronology gets confused as a result.

Sam didn't leave until book 4.  The scene is the same, except from Jon's perspective.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Siege

I hate it.
Why is Sam in the wall?
I thought Aemon was dead...

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"

Razgovory

My God, the books are coming out so slowly that they are going backwards now.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Razgovory

Was Podrick Payne and Brienne confirmed killed?

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

grumbler

Quote from: Razgovory on July 14, 2011, 07:23:59 AM
Not yet, and I am around p. 250.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Razgovory

Quote from: grumbler on July 14, 2011, 11:10:19 AM
Quote from: Razgovory on July 14, 2011, 07:23:59 AM
Not yet, and I am around p. 250.

I rather liked those two.

grumbler

Quote from: Razgovory on July 14, 2011, 11:16:33 AM
I rather liked those two.
Martin says in the intro that this book extends past the end of A feast for Crows, so you may get to know in this thread what really happened to those two.

Bayraktar!

Viking

Since this is the fully spoiled thread... from the jamie chapter

QuoteHe posted sentries to see that no one left the confines of the village. He sent out scouts as well,
to make certain no enemy took them unawares. It was near midnight when two came riding back with a
woman they had taken captive. "She rode up bold as you please, m'lord, demanding words with you."
Jaime scrambled to his feet. "My lady. I had not thought to see you again so soon." Gods be
good, she looks ten years older than when I saw her last. And what's happened to her face? "That
bandage ... you've been wounded ..."
"A bite." She touched the hilt of her sword, the sword that he had given her. Oathkeeper. "My
lord, you gave me a quest."
"The girl. Have you found her?"
"I have," said Brienne, Maid of Tarth. "Where is she?"
"A day's ride. I can take you to her, ser ... but you will need to come alone. Elsewise, the Hound
will kill her."

So, Brienne still lives. Presumably Pod and Ser Hyle as well.

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Grey Fox

Big ass spoiler follows.

No color since it doesn usually work.

Will Melisandre revive Jon?
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

LaCroix

Quote from: Grey Fox on July 14, 2011, 12:13:49 PM
Big ass spoiler follows.

:lol:

i knew i shouldn't have checked this thread. if this really does happen, then some languishite's prediction (i forget who made it) might be coming true

Viking

Quote from: LaCroix on July 14, 2011, 03:48:33 PM
Quote from: Grey Fox on July 14, 2011, 12:13:49 PM
Big ass spoiler follows.

:lol:

i knew i shouldn't have checked this thread. if this really does happen, then some languishite's prediction (i forget who made it) might be coming true

I said Melisandre would revive Jon from death meaning that he was free from his oath.