News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

[SPOILERS] A Dance With Dragons

Started by Viking, July 12, 2011, 03:50:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HisMajestyBOB

Raynald Westerling is the real Aegon Targaryon, and he isn't dead.
Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

Solmyr

Quote from: Viking on August 13, 2011, 06:03:53 PM
QuoteAnd he'll have it, as soon as I grow a new hand, thought Jaime. "We all have expectations," he said mildly. "Tell me, is Ser Raynald Westerling amongst these captives?"
"The knight of seashells?" Edwyn sneered. "You'll find that one feeding the fish at the bottom of the Green Fork."
"He was in the yard when our men came to put the direwolf down," said Walder Rivers. "Whalen demanded his sword and he gave it over meek enough, but when the crossbowmen began feathering the wolf he seized Whalen's axe and cut the monster loose of the net they'd thrown over him. Whalen says he took a quarrel in his shoulder and another in the gut, but still managed to reach the wallwalk and throw himself into the river."
"He left a trail of blood on the steps," said Edwyn.
"Did you find his corpse afterward?" asked Jaime.

I think the wolf got away and I think Robb warged into the wolf before dying.

I thought "he" referred here to Raynald, not Grey Wind. Moreover, why would multiple people make up a story of putting the wolf's head on Robb's body if it didn't actually happen? And there's also the prophetic vision Dany saw of Robb being dead with a wolf's head on his shoulders.

Josquius

it does seem  a  bit pointless acd fucked up even for  the freys but then tjere is a lot of pointless crap like that in history. also, the wolves. either through  summer or ghost at one point we hear of their siblings and how they  sense them nd im sure they say grey is dead
██████
██████
██████

Viking

Quote from: Tyr on August 14, 2011, 06:50:03 AM
it does seem  a  bit pointless acd fucked up even for  the freys but then tjere is a lot of pointless crap like that in history. also, the wolves. either through  summer or ghost at one point we hear of their siblings and how they  sense them nd im sure they say grey is dead

nihongo keyboards difficult to type on?
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Siege

I agree with the sentiment that GRRM cannot be taken seriously when he kills a character.

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"

Siege

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Siege

Viking

Quote from: Siege on August 15, 2011, 04:23:24 PM
Is the world of Westeros flat?

haven't you seen the opening credits? it's the inside of a sphere...
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

HisMajestyBOB

Quote from: Viking on August 15, 2011, 04:25:46 PM
Quote from: Siege on August 15, 2011, 04:23:24 PM
Is the world of Westeros flat?

haven't you seen the opening credits? it's the inside of a sphere...

And turtles all the way down :yes:
Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

crazy canuck

I forced myself to finally finish this. I should not have.  I could not have cared less about all the extra characters many of whom we knew nothing about and will not hear from again - eg the whole Mereen political scene. Reading endlessly about Mereen court life and whether Dany felt more comfortable holding court with pillows under her toosh then not could have been cut completely.

Tyrion and Jon became boring and those story lines have been the only reason for reading for that last two books. And now what? Zombie Jon like Lady Stark (who we didnt hear from at all) Warg Jon or some Deus Ex Machina device to come. The whole thing was a boring slog filled with characters I cared nothing about and frankly I hoped Martin would kill off in his usual style of attempting to shock the reader but which, after the same thing over and over again, isnt shocking at all.

There wasnt even any Littlefinger to give some respite from the tedium.

At least I dont have to worry about whether this series will be finished. It is for me.