No Small Fries: Restaurant Bans Kids Under Six Years Old

Started by garbon, July 12, 2011, 02:17:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martinus

Quote from: The Brain on July 13, 2011, 04:03:16 AM
Quote from: Martinus on July 13, 2011, 03:54:55 AM
I tend to go out to eat with my boyfriend about 3-5 times a week.

Extra, meet padding.
He got fat on this faster than I did. :yeah:

:unsure:  :hmm:

Brazen

When they open somewhere that bans the under 30s, then I'll go.

And the over 70s while they're at it.

Martinus

Quote from: Brazen on July 13, 2011, 04:36:08 AM
When they open somewhere that bans the under 30s, then I'll go.

And the over 70s while they're at it.
The under 30s should be allowed to come but only while accompanied by a 30+ boyfriend/girlfriend. :contract:

Eddie Teach

Quote from: jimmy olsen on July 12, 2011, 09:39:28 PM
Quote from: Grey Fox on July 12, 2011, 02:41:09 PM
No children no more families! Just Teenagers. He isn't going to enjoy this decision.
I agree, that's probably going to be the end result of this decision.

Didn't the article say the restaurant was associated with a golf course?  :huh:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Malthus

Quote from: Barrister on July 12, 2011, 05:31:31 PM
I wonder where all these parents who don't care what their child is doing are.  I honestly don't think I've ever seen one.

I dunno where this theme comes from either. I hear on the net all the time about parents taking kids to inappropriate venues, like adult movies, and proceeding to not care when they scream and cry - but I've never actually seen this.
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

HVC

Quote from: Malthus on July 13, 2011, 08:32:20 AM
I wonder where all these parents who don't care what their child is doing are.  I honestly don't think I've ever seen one.

I dunno where this theme comes from either. I hear on the net all the time about parents taking kids to inappropriate venues, like adult movies, and proceeding to not care when they scream and cry - but I've never actually seen this.
you know the rule. If everyone says it happens, and you don't see it happening, that means you're the one doing it :P
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

HVC

I've seen a few instances of paernts not caring. In all cases i can recall (or perhaps selectively remember, who knows) it's from lower income familes.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".

Valmy

Yeah I was thinking there sure are alot of whiny little bitches on this board.  But hey maybe where they come from kids scream and throw shit.  Never happens in Texas that I see.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Valmy

Quote from: Martinus on July 13, 2011, 03:46:36 AM
But it's not like parents have to take their children to a restaurant either. It used to be that parents would go out and leave the kid with a babysitter. It's like bringing a yapping dog to an event and then shrug that you can't do anything about the noise.

What kind of fucked up culture do you live in?  Kids in Poland are allowed to scream and do scream 100% of the time?

I swear to God I wonder what planet you live on sometimes.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Malthus

Quote from: HVC on July 13, 2011, 08:48:24 AM

you know the rule. If everyone says it happens, and you don't see it happening, that means you're the one doing it :P

I wonder how I managed that feat in the 38 years I was alive before I had a kid.  :hmm:

:P
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

syk

The thing I wondered about was the age of 6 that guy set. I expect 4, 5 and 6 year old kids to be able to behave themselves in public. A crying baby is something completely different and something I can tolerate. What annoys me to no end is when little shits run about and involve the whole restaurant in their parents' obvious failure of raising their kids. Must be a work thing for me to see loads of parents who don't properly care for their offsprings, setting them no boundaries and/or treating these little princes and princesses like they'd be the center of the universe. Usually you can tell from the first names here already. A lot of them have american first names like Kevin, Jason, Connor, Charleen, Darleen, Joy and such. Ban them all.

Valmy

Anyway aren't there lots of places that do not allow people under a certain age?  I do not really see the big deal.

Valmy

Quote from: syk on July 13, 2011, 09:14:21 AM
What annoys me to no end is when little shits run about and involve the whole restaurant in their parents' obvious failure of raising their kids.

This really must be a cultural thing.  That kind of thing rarely happens and when it does it is not tolerated.  At least at the places I see.  But I have not had the pleasure of going to kiddie restaurants like McDonalds playscapes and places like this: http://www.chuckecheese.com/ .

But if you go to one of those places you are sorta going on their kiddie turf and should expect the reign of chaos that goes with that.

Malthus

Quote from: Valmy on July 13, 2011, 09:24:34 AM
Anyway aren't there lots of places that do not allow people under a certain age?  I do not really see the big deal.

It isn't a big deal, and I doubt if many parents of young kids go to a golf club restaurant in the first place (what do you do with your 3 year old when golfing? Get him to caddy for you?) but the guy in the article is deliberately *making* it a big deal by snarking on parents with kids.

I sense: attention whore.  ;)

HVC

Quote from: Malthus on July 13, 2011, 09:13:33 AM
Quote from: HVC on July 13, 2011, 08:48:24 AM

I wonder how I managed that feat in the 38 years I was alive before I had a kid.  :hmm:

:P
well from 0-14 you were the kid, so you've got that time frame cover. From 14-38 you were a no good dirty hippy who stayed away from children :D