No Small Fries: Restaurant Bans Kids Under Six Years Old

Started by garbon, July 12, 2011, 02:17:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

syk

Quote from: garbon on July 12, 2011, 04:42:43 PM
Quote from: Martinus on July 12, 2011, 03:45:04 PM
More power to this guy. If you are too irresponsible to wear a condom, hire an au pair you egotistical whores.

It isn't like parents want their children to be causing a fuss. Sometimes children just do that as that's what children do.
Too many parents don't give a shit when their children cause a fuss.

Capetan Mihali

"The internet's completely over. [...] The internet's like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."
-- Prince, 2010. (R.I.P.)

garbon

Quote from: syk on July 12, 2011, 04:48:30 PM
More power to this guy. If you are too irresponsible to wear a condom, hire an au pair you egotistical whores.

It isn't like parents want their children to be causing a fuss. Sometimes children just do that as that's what children do.
Too many parents don't give a shit when their children cause a fuss.

A great many do though.  After all, even if, as the article states, parents can put up with crying/screaming longer because they love the child and are willing to overlook that, it doesn't mean that it doesn't bother them. Of course it does.  Crying babies are not fun for anyone.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Barrister

I wonder where all these parents who don't care what their child is doing are.  I honestly don't think I've ever seen one.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

CountDeMoney

Believe me, the only thing more annoying than overhearing out of control kids is overhearing two fags on a first date.  Talk about egotistical.

Monoriu

Lots of restaurants in HK won't admit minors.  6 is generous.  A lot won't admit anyone below 12.

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Grey Fox on July 12, 2011, 02:41:09 PM
No children no more families! Just Teenagers. He isn't going to enjoy this decision.
I agree, that's probably going to be the end result of this decision.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

OttoVonBismarck

Quote from: Barrister on July 12, 2011, 05:31:31 PM
I wonder where all these parents who don't care what their child is doing are.  I honestly don't think I've ever seen one.

You live in Canada, you probably only see like 5-6 different people in a month.

Barrister

Quote from: OttoVonBismarck on July 12, 2011, 10:36:39 PM
Quote from: Barrister on July 12, 2011, 05:31:31 PM

You live in Canada, you probably only see like 5-6 different people in a month.

If only that were true. :(
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

sbr

Quote from: jimmy olsen on July 12, 2011, 09:39:28 PM
Quote from: Grey Fox on July 12, 2011, 02:41:09 PM
No children no more families! Just Teenagers. He isn't going to enjoy this decision.
I agree, that's probably going to be the end result of this decision.

Unlike your posts I am sure he put some thought into this decision and didn't just pull it out of his ass.

He probably talked to his regular customers and I would imagine his business will at least stay steady if not get better.

garbon

Quote from: sbr on July 12, 2011, 10:45:29 PM
Unlike your posts I am sure he put some thought into this decision and didn't just pull it out of his ass.

He probably talked to his regular customers and I would imagine his business will at least stay steady if not get better.

Yes because ranting to the media about how terrible children are sounds very level headed.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Martinus

But it's not like parents have to take their children to a restaurant either. It used to be that parents would go out and leave the kid with a babysitter. It's like bringing a yapping dog to an event and then shrug that you can't do anything about the noise.

Martinus

Quote from: Barrister on July 12, 2011, 04:31:22 PMThe flip side is if a restaurant doesn't want my families business, all they have to do is say so.

We don't go out for food very often with the little guy, but we have a few times.  Restaurants are pretty good about it really - they'll have high chairs, will put us in a section with other children, seem very understanding all in all.  But we also make a point to try to go to restaurants that will in fact be child friendly.  It's no fun for us, the restaurant, or our child to be in a place where the baby isn't welcome.
You can't make everybody happy.  But as you say you do not go out to a restaurant often. I tend to go out to eat with my boyfriend about 3-5 times a week. Surely it is a smarter business decision to appease me and lose you as a customer than vice-versa.  :cool:

The Brain

Quote from: Martinus on July 13, 2011, 03:54:55 AM
I tend to go out to eat with my boyfriend about 3-5 times a week.

Extra, meet padding.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.