No Small Fries: Restaurant Bans Kids Under Six Years Old

Started by garbon, July 12, 2011, 02:17:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Malthus

Quote from: Slargos on July 13, 2011, 04:54:39 PM
So this guy doesnt want kids in his esrablishment because he believes that his customers will enjoy a childfree environment?
What is the big deal andwhy are Parents being so offended?
Whywould you want to patronize an establishment where you are not wanted? general principle?

Are you reading the same thread I am? No-one thinks it is a big deal, no-one is offended by the guy's choice, and no-one wants to eat in his restaurant.

Lots of parents here think he sounds like an asshole and attention whore because of what he's quoted as saying in the article. 
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Slargos

:lol: it certainly sounds like you are offended. "what an asshole" methinks you protest too much. :lol:

Malthus

Quote from: Slargos on July 13, 2011, 05:08:15 PM
:lol: it certainly sounds like you are offended. "what an asshole" methinks you protest too much. :lol:

Sure. But the "offence" isn't from the fact he won't let kids under 6 eat at his restaurant. It's from his obnoxious interview quotes.

He sounds like yet another "Slargossian Hero". Useful term, that.  :D

Edit: wait, here's a Statue of him:

http://www.parentfail.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/baby-statue.jpg

:D
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

DGuller

Quote from: Martinus on July 12, 2011, 03:45:04 PM
More power to this guy. If you are too irresponsible to wear a condom, hire an au pair you egotistical whores.
You know, Mary, some people want to have children, and even you were once a wanted pregnancy yourself.  For the first few years anyway.

OttoVonBismarck

Quote from: DGuller on July 13, 2011, 07:16:56 PM
More power to this guy. If you are too irresponsible to wear a condom, hire an au pair you egotistical whores.
You know, Mary, some people want to have children, and even you were once a wanted pregnancy yourself.  For the first few years anyway.

Probably at least until he chose to become a faggot.

OttoVonBismarck

Anyway, despite what the Canadians are saying I have often seen very, very, bad behavior from children in restaurants. Like my parents did with me, anytime we go out to eat in a nice restaurant I have my daughter locked in the closet with a sippy cup of Jameson, just like my parents did with me so I've never had an uncontrollable child in a restaurant.

What I will guess is maybe BB and Malthus aren't going to shitty restaurants that often, but I've been through enough Shoney's and Denny's in my life to know what to expect in such places.

garbon

People who are hanging out at Denny's are asking for crap all around. :contract:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

Quote from: OttoVonBismarck on July 13, 2011, 09:14:13 PM
Quote from: DGuller on July 13, 2011, 07:16:56 PM

Probably at least until he chose to become a faggot.

Well, he did call him Mary. :lol:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

DGuller

:lmfao: That wasn't intentional.  Somehow I always manage to make the most unfortunate typos.

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Malthus on July 13, 2011, 08:32:20 AM
Quote from: Barrister on July 12, 2011, 05:31:31 PM
I wonder where all these parents who don't care what their child is doing are.  I honestly don't think I've ever seen one.

I dunno where this theme comes from either. I hear on the net all the time about parents taking kids to inappropriate venues, like adult movies, and proceeding to not care when they scream and cry - but I've never actually seen this.
My sister's a Horror fan and she dragged me to see the remake of The Texas Chainsaw Massacre. Some dumb bitch a couple of rows in front of us had a couple of 2-3 year olds with her.

Also, when I went to see Watchmen some Dad brought a couple of 10 year old boys with him.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

garbon

Quote from: jimmy olsen on July 13, 2011, 10:48:37 PM
Also, when I went to see Watchmen some Dad brought a couple of 10 year old boys with him.

Truth. Children should not be exposed to giant blue wangs.

Barrister

Quote from: jimmy olsen on July 13, 2011, 10:48:37 PM
Quote from: Malthus on July 13, 2011, 08:32:20 AM
Quote from: Barrister on July 12, 2011, 05:31:31 PM
I wonder where all these parents who don't care what their child is doing are.  I honestly don't think I've ever seen one.

I dunno where this theme comes from either. I hear on the net all the time about parents taking kids to inappropriate venues, like adult movies, and proceeding to not care when they scream and cry - but I've never actually seen this.
My sister's a Horror fan and she dragged me to see the remake of The Texas Chainsaw Massacre. Some dumb bitch a couple of rows in front of us had a couple of 2-3 year olds with her.

I dunno - Watchmen is at least arguably appropriate for 10 year olds.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Richard Hakluyt

Those films have an 18 certification in the UK, I'd have assumed the situation is the same in the US and Canada  :hmm:

Slargos

Quote from: Malthus on July 13, 2011, 05:11:01 PM
Quote from: Slargos on July 13, 2011, 05:08:15 PM

Sure. But the "offence" isn't from the fact he won't let kids under 6 eat at his restaurant. It's from his obnoxious interview quotes.

He sounds like yet another "Slargossian Hero". Useful term, that.  :D

Edit: wait, here's a Statue of him:

http://www.parentfail.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/baby-statue.jpg

:D

:rolleyes:

Where are these "obnoxious" quotes? I see him saying that parents may believe their children are more important than they really are, but since when is that untrue?

Between what you lay claim to, and what you're actually saying, there is a wide chasm.

Filled with children and jews.

Which seem to be the subjects on which you grow entirely irrational.

LaCroix

i went to a planetarium in san francisco last year. for about 70% of the time, some little fuck in the row behind me kept talking. his father said and did nothing to stop him. it irritated me to no end, and pretty much ruined the experience. the father could have simply told his son to shush and be quiet as the display ran its course, but no. he did nothing

given that mcdain's is a fine dining restaurant, i've no issue that the owner wants to ban little fuckers from entering. everything he said in the article seemed perfectly reasonable