Main Menu

The American Civil War

Started by Sheilbh, June 25, 2011, 06:02:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Viking on July 03, 2011, 01:09:47 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on July 03, 2011, 12:22:37 PM
Quote from: Viking on July 03, 2011, 05:47:30 AM
Which is why I'm not a confed general fanboi and why I have a bit of grudging respect for men like burnside and hooker who were attempting the much more difficult task, despite having greater resources.

I'm not a confed fanboi for entirely different reasons.  Mostly because what they were doing was wrong.  Similar to why I'm not a Nazi fanboi or Charles Manson fanboi.

You have fanbois of Stonewall, Lee, Forrest and mew the slaveholding kitteh that don't support any of the objectives of the confederacy. Way to miss the point (check out the bolded bit in my quote).

Fuck you, you Nazi confederatard.  There's a reason you'll find rebel flags at neo-Nazi rallys.  And vice-versa.

CountDeMoney

CountDeMoney

Viking

Quote from: CountDeMoney on July 03, 2011, 02:10:10 PM

I see 3rd Reich, Confed Battle Flag and Stars and Stripes in that pic. What does that prove?

One can admire Braxton Bragg's campaigns and the finer points of Dorsey Pender's division command without supporting slavery.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Viking on July 03, 2011, 02:23:17 PM
I see 3rd Reich, Confed Battle Flag and Stars and Stripes in that pic. What does that prove?

That the Stars and Stripes is the only legally and morally valid flag in that pic.

QuoteOne can admire Braxton Bragg's campaigns and the finer points of Dorsey Pender's division command without supporting slavery.

No. No you can't.

Viking

Quote from: CountDeMoney on July 03, 2011, 02:27:44 PM
Quote from: Viking on July 03, 2011, 02:23:17 PMOne can admire Braxton Bragg's campaigns and the finer points of Dorsey Pender's division command without supporting slavery.

No. No you can't.

Let us try again. One can admire Rommel's or Yamamoto's skill as commanders without supporting the holocaust or the east asian co-prosperity sphere. 
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Viking on July 03, 2011, 02:30:36 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on July 03, 2011, 02:27:44 PM
Quote from: Viking on July 03, 2011, 02:23:17 PMOne can admire Braxton Bragg's campaigns and the finer points of Dorsey Pender's division command without supporting slavery.

No. No you can't.

Let us try again. One can admire Rommel's or Yamamoto's skill as commanders without supporting the holocaust or the east asian co-prosperity sphere.

Nope.  Nein. No-sankyu.
The only guy that gets a pass is Stalin, for Superior Performance in an Executive/Managerial/Human Resources Role.

Habbaku

The girl in the foreground might be worth a few "Sieg heils".
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Ed Anger

Quote from: Habbaku on July 03, 2011, 03:21:45 PM
The girl in the foreground might be worth a few "Sieg heils".

You can have her. The tat ruins it for me.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Habbaku

I can't even tell what it is.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Razgovory

They seem to be trying to wear those flags.  Maybe they are just really poor and that's the only fabric they could find.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Ed Anger

it is time for the confederate prom dress.

Razgovory

That guy needs a better tailor.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Ed Anger

Quote from: Razgovory on July 03, 2011, 05:21:49 PM
That guy needs a better tailor.

How dare you insult a Cavalier of the South? Why his big boned progeny will rule the new South from their orbital southern space stations. miu.

I will have more to say when I return from my HOMELESS VISION QUEST TO NOWHERE.

dps

Quote from: Habbaku on July 03, 2011, 03:27:54 PM
I can't even tell what it is.

I don't think it's any sort of Nazi symbol.  Looks like a lion or something similar to me.  But I don't care for tats in general.

Anyways, needs implants.