News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The American Civil War

Started by Sheilbh, June 25, 2011, 06:02:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Razgovory

Don't care for tats either.  Not a deal breaker.  Though being a Neo-Nazi probably is.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Neil

Quote from: CountDeMoney on July 03, 2011, 02:27:44 PM
That the Stars and Stripes is the only legally and morally valid flag in that pic.
The crimes committed in the name of the Stars and Stripes put it in the same category as the the swastika and the Confederate flags.

What do you mean by 'legally valid'?
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Neil

Quote from: CountDeMoney on July 03, 2011, 02:38:22 PM
Nope.  Nein. No-sankyu.
The only guy that gets a pass is Stalin, for Superior Performance in an Executive/Managerial/Human Resources Role.
You can respect an American without supporting slavery, segregation, the genocide of the native Americans and their policy of waging aggressive wars.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Viking

Quote from: Neil on July 03, 2011, 06:52:48 PM
That the Stars and Stripes is the only legally and morally valid flag in that pic.
The crimes committed in the name of the Stars and Stripes put it in the same category as the the swastika and the Confederate flags.

Come on Neil, regardless of what you think of his merits, being the country that gave birth to Billy Mitchell is not a crime. For that matter, Billy Mitchell as born in France.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Neil

Quote from: Viking on July 03, 2011, 07:03:53 PM

Come on Neil, regardless of what you think of his merits, being the country that gave birth to Billy Mitchell is not a crime. For that matter, Billy Mitchell as born in France.
Giving him the authority to drop bombs on dreadnoughts was.

Viking

Quote from: Neil on July 03, 2011, 07:12:16 PM
Quote from: Viking on July 03, 2011, 07:03:53 PM

Giving him the authority to drop bombs on dreadnoughts was.

Ostfriesland shot at the Warspite, it got what it deserved.

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Neil

Quote from: Viking on July 03, 2011, 07:15:33 PM
Absolutely disagree.  Firing at each other is how dreadnoughts pay respect.

Viking

Quote from: Neil on July 03, 2011, 07:50:53 PM

So dropping bombs is how airplanes pay respect?

Neil

Quote from: Viking on July 03, 2011, 07:51:33 PM
Quote from: Neil on July 03, 2011, 07:50:53 PM
So dropping bombs is how airplanes pay respect?
No.  Airplanes don't engage in the warfare of likes.  They don't fight for status.

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

The Brain

Swastika chick is hot. Confed chick not so much.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

The Brain

Quote from: Razgovory on July 03, 2011, 06:39:59 PM
Don't care for tats either.  Not a deal breaker.  Though being a Neo-Nazi probably is.

I think being an original Nazi would be a dealbreaker. YMMV.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Agelastus

Quote from: dps on June 27, 2011, 10:29:57 PM
We're a bit past 1808 now.

I noticed that, but this clause had no time-limit in the extract.

Quoteand that no State, without its Consent, shall be deprived of its equal Suffrage in the Senate

Although I wouldn't imagine that would stop you reducing the number of senators to one per state, or increasing it to three or more, if the unlikely need or desire ever arose.
"Come grow old with me
The Best is yet to be
The last of life for which the first was made."

crazy canuck

I just noticed this thread.

In one day I have seen a Languishite say that a map looks good and now an ACW discussion not started by way of a highjack.

Languish is dying. :cry:

Malthus

Quote from: Ed Anger on July 03, 2011, 03:23:41 PM
Quote from: Habbaku on July 03, 2011, 03:21:45 PM
The girl in the foreground might be worth a few "Sieg heils".

You can have her. The tat ruins it for me.

What in hell is that a tat of:lol:
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius