News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Future Mother-in-law draws blood.

Started by mongers, June 30, 2011, 01:52:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

AnchorClanker

Quote from: DGuller on July 04, 2011, 08:02:15 PM
I'm with Meri, some foods I just can't stand no matter what.  Like hummus, for example.  I've never tried it, but I'm convinced that I will never be able to tolerate it.

I've never understood this mentality - if you haven't tasted it, how do you know?
Why bother spending any mental energy 'deciding' if you can tolerate something?

BTW, hummus is quite nice.  It's watermelons/cantelope/honeydew that I absolutely can't stand.   :lol:
The final wisdom of life requires not the annulment of incongruity but the achievement of serenity within and above it.  - Reinhold Niebuhr

Razgovory

Well there are a few things I will not try to eat.  For instance insects, spiders, most bugs that aren't a crab, shrimp, or lobster.  Generally I don't want to eat something that is looking at me while I'm doing it.  Also things that would likely kill me, such as poisons.  I probably wouldn't be incline to eat another human being.  There's likely something things I'm forgetting.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017