News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Cycling/ Bike Purchasing

Started by Lettow77, June 11, 2011, 04:54:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lettow77

Events & revelations move up the trip's timetable. I'll be leaving on the auspicious 22nd after all.

I am not yet sure what i'll do for housing. I infact have no plan whatsoever, other than a vague notion that south is the best direction. It may be some time until I can update again- not sure when I'll next have the luxury of a computer. I'll be sure to hunt out a library along the line.

Edit: Languish! I checked the temperatures, and it is 88 today, and 91 tomorrow! Utah is truly the promised land! I grinned ear to ear at the news. It may as well be home- I won't have to freeze in this wasteland any longer.

I bet I can eat something that isn't squid, too. This trip will delight.
It can't be helped...We'll have to use 'that'

Fate

Well it still gets down to the upper 40s and low 50s at night. Feels like less if it's windy. But it doesn't sound like you'll be living in a tent.

MadImmortalMan

South Utah truly is awesome though. Canyonlands are wonderful. I might retire in Moab.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Grey Fox

Quote from: Lettow77 on June 22, 2011, 11:15:23 AM
Events & revelations move up the trip's timetable. I'll be leaving on the auspicious 22nd after all.

I am not yet sure what i'll do for housing. I infact have no plan whatsoever, other than a vague notion that south is the best direction. It may be some time until I can update again- not sure when I'll next have the luxury of a computer. I'll be sure to hunt out a library along the line.

Edit: Languish! I checked the temperatures, and it is 88 today, and 91 tomorrow! Utah is truly the promised land! I grinned ear to ear at the news. It may as well be home- I won't have to freeze in this wasteland any longer.

Good Luck. Try not to get rape in a bathroom somewhere.

Also, I think you need to join the peace corp or something like that & do some exploring in South America.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

alfred russel

Quote from: Lettow77 on June 22, 2011, 11:15:23 AM

Lettow, check out this movie:

http://movies.yahoo.com/movie/1809698364/info
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014