News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Cycling/ Bike Purchasing

Started by Lettow77, June 11, 2011, 04:54:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lettow77

Good advice maybe, but only through a depressingly materialistic mindset.

I'll take an internship or travel abroad in the summer following this one, but for now, rather than furthering my capacity to live comfortably in the future, I want to find out exactly what it is I want to do in life, who I am supposed to be, & etc.

This entails a trip to Deseret. And in the future, also a trip to Glorious Nippon.

And possibly a tour of the South; outlook hazy. Anyway, wandering.
It can't be helped...We'll have to use 'that'

Monoriu

Quote from: Lettow77 on June 21, 2011, 09:38:29 AM
Good advice maybe, but only through a depressingly materialistic mindset.

So getting a job and being independent is materialistic?

11B4V

Quote from: Lettow77 on June 21, 2011, 09:38:29 AM

This entails a trip to Deseret. And in the future, also a trip to Glorious Nippon.

And possibly a tour of the South; outlook hazy. Anyway, wandering.

I'm sorry. I dont believe you.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

alfred russel

Join the military. You might even get sent to Japan--and they would pay you to go. They would also get you in shape so you could go on a bike ride through Deseret.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Caliga

Quote from: Monoriu on June 21, 2011, 09:48:45 AM
He's young; he'll learn.  The question is... will he learn in time? :)
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

HVC

Quote from: Caliga on June 21, 2011, 10:00:43 AM
Quote from: Monoriu on June 21, 2011, 09:48:45 AM
will he learn in time? :)
no. He's had centuries (close to :P ) of historical learning to draw upon and he's still a secessionist, so that doesn't bode well for him.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Razgovory

Quote from: Monoriu on June 21, 2011, 08:39:12 AM
Quote from: Caliga on June 21, 2011, 06:54:31 AM
:hmm: Shouldn't you maybe be trying to acquire marketable skills at this point in your life, instead of "cycling around Deseret?" :wacko:

Cal is wise :yes:

Agree with Cal as well.  Being useless to society is not much fun. :(  Though honestly, I can't really think of a professional career that Lettow would be naturally good at.  I think he might benefit from a year off school working in a hard labor environment.  Something like construction or paving highways or moving furniture.  I think it might help him get a different perspective on things.  Work with a few guys in their mid fifties with an assortment of back problems pitifully holding on to their jobs painfully hauling shit around and you will get an idea of what a future without a good job entails.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Ed Anger

Quote from: alfred russel on June 21, 2011, 09:59:46 AM
Join the military. You might even get sent to Japan--and they would pay you to go. They would also get you in shape so you could go on a bike ride through Deseret.

I'd normally say AF, Navy or CG, but Lettow needs the pussy beat out him. Marines. :yes:
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Lettow77

But raz, really, one thing bothers me a little- stop projecting.

I mean, i'm not crazy or anything and I don't have mental issues I need working through.

My greatest faults are laziness and loneliness. I am taking steps to deal with both.

Hard work is for suckers. I will enjoy a life of leisure- you'll see. First world and all that. Desk jobs are where it's at. I shall work with my mind and my grasp of history, the english language, and so on.
It can't be helped...We'll have to use 'that'

Razgovory

I'm simply warning.  You do not want to end up like me.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

The Brain

Put an outrageous vid on Youtube, then get it songified and onto the iTunes top list. Money.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Caliga

Quote from: Lettow77 on June 21, 2011, 12:06:53 PM
Hard work is for suckers. I will enjoy a life of leisure- you'll see. First world and all that. Desk jobs are where it's at. I shall work with my mind and my grasp of history, the english language, and so on.
It's funny to me that you think desk job = life of leisure. :sleep:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

The Brain

Quote from: Caliga on June 21, 2011, 12:44:41 PM

Public sector.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Monoriu

Quote from: The Brain on June 21, 2011, 12:45:53 PM
Quote from: Caliga on June 21, 2011, 12:44:41 PM

Public sector.

That's a myth  :sleep:

Fate

I just spent 20 days camping in Southern Utah and inland California. No scorpions to be seen. It wasn't that hot either.

If you're going to the literal Zion park, this trip would be totally worth it.