When Does A Given American Jailbird Typically Get To Stretch Their Wings ?

Started by mongers, June 14, 2011, 05:04:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DGuller

Quote from: Strix on June 15, 2011, 01:08:57 PM
I'd hope not but you never can tell with him.
I'd say it's quite easy to tell, actually.  A combination of words, and common sense to glean the context of the conversation, is more than sufficient.

And, really, do you honestly think that calling me stupid is a tactic that has any chance of working?  Yes, I have called you stupid in the past, but that's because you are just so incredibly dumb, and not even by Languish standards, but by any human standards you can think of. 

I can see why you would want to call me stupid in retaliation, but the fact that it's a retort so transparent and divorced from reality just confirms my diagnosis that I have repeated so frequently.  If you can't pull off being clever, and really, just take my word for it, you cannot, it's best to just play it straight. 

If you want a valid retort, call me an asshole for mocking you for a disability that, truth be told, you have little control over.  Some people just get dealt 72 offsuit, and no amount of determination will turn it into a pair of aces.  I'll own up to being a bit of an asshole to you.

ulmont

Quote from: Strix on June 15, 2011, 10:58:20 AM
Note: Yes, chemical castration will reduce the ability to get erect but not the desire.

All evidence I have seen is that chemical castration is designed to reduce testosterone, resulting in lower sex drive in men.  This does, of course, suggest an easy way to mitigate the effects (take anabolic steroids) in the offender who isn't happy about the results.

Strix

Quote from: DGuller on June 15, 2011, 01:19:49 PM
Quote from: Strix on June 15, 2011, 01:08:57 PM
I'd hope not but you never can tell with him.
I'd say it's quite easy to tell, actually.  A combination of words, and common sense to glean the context of the conversation, is more than sufficient.

And, really, do you honestly think that calling me stupid is a tactic that has any chance of working?  Yes, I have called you stupid in the past, but that's because you are just so incredibly dumb, and not even by Languish standards, but by any human standards you can think of. 

I can see why you would want to call me stupid in retaliation, but the fact that it's a retort so transparent and divorced from reality just confirms my diagnosis that I have repeated so frequently.  If you can't pull off being clever, and really, just take my word for it, you cannot, it's best to just play it straight. 

If you want a valid retort, call me an asshole for mocking you for a disability that, truth be told, you have little control over.  Some people just get dealt 72 offsuit, and no amount of determination will turn it into a pair of aces.  I'll own up to being a bit of an asshole to you.

:wacko:
"I always cheer up immensely if an attack is particularly wounding because I think, well, if they attack one personally, it means they have not a single political argument left." - Margaret Thatcher

DGuller

Strix

Quote from: DGuller on June 15, 2011, 01:33:46 PM
Why are you deleting your posts anyway?  :huh:

I deleted my post because responding to you has only one end. Alas, I did not delete it fast enough.
"I always cheer up immensely if an attack is particularly wounding because I think, well, if they attack one personally, it means they have not a single political argument left." - Margaret Thatcher

mongers

Quote from: Strix on June 15, 2011, 10:47:40 AM
I am not familiar with the sentencing laws for Georgia, so I cannot say when he might get paroled. The same applies to the typically conditions. I am not familiar with what conditions and rules that Georgia uses.

The standard NY ones are reporting to an office visit as directed, permitting the search of the parolee's residence, person, and property without a warrant, reporting contact with law enforcement, no contact with those known to have a criminal record, no leaving the State without permission, no possession of controlled substances not prescribed by a doctor or any drug paraphernalia, required to pay a supervision fee, no violating any laws which a parolee is subject which provide for a penalty of imprisonment nor threaten the safety and well-being of yourself or others, waive your right to resist extradition if you flee the State, and than the Parole Board will add some conditions, and than the Parole Officer will add some conditions.

Sex Offenders usually have 3-4 times as many conditions as a standard parolee.

This is a tricky case to determine how he would behave once he is released. Normally Sex Offenders have a low rate of committing crimes and violating their parole while under parole supervision. However, rapists are a different category of sex offender and often have a lot of issues resisting their urges. I'd need to know more about the details of the crime he committed. Was it date rape? He said/She said? Committed during another crime/ Is he a serial rapist? Etc, and so on.

How soon he can travel out of state is up to his State, conditions, and his Parole Officer. The standard response for NY is about 6 months before we will consider it unless it's a major event (mom/dad dying/died). Once again because of the nature of his crime, it is unlikely Georgia will want him out of the state and their supervision anytime soon.

Out of the country is usually out of the question. There are often too many legal questions concerning the country he is going to for Parole to even bother checking.

The first major concern is the likelyhood that he has AIDS or Hep C. He is a rapist who engaged in Sodomy. Chances are very good he was giving it and getting it while incarcerated.

I have found that prison marriages do not work, period.  About 80% of my parolee's leave their wives within a few weeks of being released. A 100% have left them within the first year. The smarter ones will sue their spouses for support and/or make outrageous demands in return for a divorce.

The major reason they don't work is because people are different while in prison, and they change once they are released. While locked up, he has nothing to do 24/7 except write her or visit with her. He will give her all the attention she has previously lacked in a relationship because he has nothing else better to do. From her perspective, she is being treated like the most important thing in the world, and has been given fairytale promises of what life will be like when he gets out.

The reality, he will get out, have sex with her for a couple weeks, take her money, use her house/car, and probably have a new girlfriend within a week or so. That's if she is lucky. He will be a registered sex offender with a rape/robbery conviction which means he has little or no chance to get gainful employment. He may end up living off her for months until she gets disgusted to the point she wants to be free of him. If he is a stalker type than that may end up being a lot harder than she could ever imagine.

Usually having someone on the outside has little bearing on the parole proceedings. Relatives and romantic interests will say anything, and the Parole Board knows this. They will look at his crime, chances of his repeating it, and how bad the Board and State will look if he does. If they are like NY, they will reject the first 3-4 parole requests so that they look good if something happens farther down the line.

If you have anymore questions let me know?

Thanks for the info, very useful. :cheers:

I'l pm your the offenders details.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Capetan Mihali

Quote from: Martinus on June 15, 2011, 09:08:34 AM
Really? The US has laws that allow the state to confiscate the property used in a crime, even if the owner is not criminally responsible? Whatever happened to sanctity of property?  :huh:

One of my tasks right now is to deal with this kind of bullshit, trying to get a car back for a woman who didn't have drugs on her and wasn't arrested.  On a weed charge in the first place.  :rolleyes: 
"The internet's completely over. [...] The internet's like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."
-- Prince, 2010. (R.I.P.)

The Brain

Quote from: Capetan Mihali on June 15, 2011, 05:23:06 PM
Really? The US has laws that allow the state to confiscate the property used in a crime, even if the owner is not criminally responsible? Whatever happened to sanctity of property?  :huh:

One of my tasks right now is to deal with this kind of bullshit, trying to get a car back for a woman who didn't have drugs on her and wasn't arrested.  On a weed charge in the first place.  :rolleyes:

:rolleyes: indeed.

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

dps

Quote from: The Brain on June 15, 2011, 05:28:58 PM

Your pic didn't show up for me, but, at any rate, the law is a real eye-roller.  It's worse than Minsky suggests, actually.  Not only do you not have to be charged with a crime in order for your property to be seized, no one at all has to be charged--indeed, as I understand it, the police can seize your property on mere suspicion that there has been a crime committed.  I read a news article about one guy, a farmer or somesuch, who went to an equipment auction and took about $30,000 cash with him in case he put in any winning bids.  He was in his normal work clothes, so not exactly fashionably dressed, and he happened to be pulled over for speeding.  When he got his driver's license out of his wallet, the cop saw the large amount of cash he had on him, told him, "You don't look like you could have $30,000 legitimately.  That must be drug money" and seized his cash and car on the spot, and just left him standing on the side of the road.  And as Minsky said, the burden of proof was on him to show that he wasn't guilty of any crime in order to get his property back.  At the time the article was written, he had gotten his car back, but not his money.

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

DGuller

Quote from: dps on June 15, 2011, 07:26:53 PM
Quote from: The Brain on June 15, 2011, 05:28:58 PM

Your pic didn't show up for me, but, at any rate, the law is a real eye-roller.  It's worse than Minsky suggests, actually.  Not only do you not have to be charged with a crime in order for your property to be seized, no one at all has to be charged--indeed, as I understand it, the police can seize your property on mere suspicion that there has been a crime committed.  I read a news article about one guy, a farmer or somesuch, who went to an equipment auction and took about $30,000 cash with him in case he put in any winning bids.  He was in his normal work clothes, so not exactly fashionably dressed, and he happened to be pulled over for speeding.  When he got his driver's license out of his wallet, the cop saw the large amount of cash he had on him, told him, "You don't look like you could have $30,000 legitimately.  That must be drug money" and seized his cash and car on the spot, and just left him standing on the side of the road.  And as Minsky said, the burden of proof was on him to show that he wasn't guilty of any crime in order to get his property back.  At the time the article was written, he had gotten his car back, but not his money.
Yeah, one of the many despicable outcomes of the "War on Drugs" is that possession of large amounts of cash by itself became practically criminalized.

garbon

Quote from: DGuller on June 15, 2011, 07:55:13 PM
Yeah, one of the many despicable outcomes of the "War on Drugs" is that possession of large amounts of cash by itself became practically criminalized.

Good. People walking around with lots of cash are strange.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Scipio

Mississippi requires 85% of sentence; however, you get out early due to overcrowding.  Non-violent offenders get preference, except for three-time drug offenders.  Fucking federal drug crimes.
What I speak out of my mouth is the truth.  It burns like fire.
-Jose Canseco

There you go, giving a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck.
-Every cop, The Wire

"It is always good to be known for one's Krapp."
-John Hurt

Razgovory

Quote from: Scipio on June 15, 2011, 08:35:27 PM
Mississippi requires 85% of sentence; however, you get out early due to overcrowding.  Non-violent offenders get preference, except for three-time drug offenders.  Fucking federal drug crimes.

Is Rape, aggravated sodomy, robbery or burglary considered a violent crime in Mississippi.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

dps

Quote from: Razgovory on June 15, 2011, 08:39:58 PM
Quote from: Scipio on June 15, 2011, 08:35:27 PM

Is Rape, aggravated sodomy, robbery or burglary considered a violent crime in Mississippi.

No, in Mississippi, they're considered civic duties.