When Does A Given American Jailbird Typically Get To Stretch Their Wings ?

Started by mongers, June 14, 2011, 05:04:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martinus

Quote from: Ed Anger on June 14, 2011, 06:18:06 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on June 14, 2011, 05:56:17 PM
  Also, your friend's sister is very stupid.  Never trust an inmate.  Never.

:yes:

All that dude needs to do is use her house in a drug op and *poof* her house is seized and sold at auction. So solly, but Unca Sam owns it now and please get out of his house.

Really? The US has laws that allow the state to confiscate the property used in a crime, even if the owner is not criminally responsible? Whatever happened to sanctity of property?  :huh:

Valmy

Quote from: Martinus on June 15, 2011, 09:08:34 AM
Really? The US has laws that allow the state to confiscate the property used in a crime, even if the owner is not criminally responsible? Whatever happened to sanctity of property?  :huh:

Um this is the War on Drugs.  All common sense goes out the window.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

DGuller

To be fair, this is Georgia.  Shaking the woman's hand is enough to get a couple of life sentences for rape, if you fulfill a certain criteria. :unsure:

DGuller

You have to break a few skulls to make a drug bust.

HVC

Quote from: Ed Anger on June 14, 2011, 06:18:06 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on June 14, 2011, 05:56:17 PM
  Also, your friend's sister is very stupid.  Never trust an inmate.  Never.

:yes:

All that dude needs to do is use her house in a drug op and *poof* her house is seized and sold at auction. So solly, but Unca Sam owns it now and please get out of his house.

hard to argue you didn't know your husband had a meth lab in your kitchen :D
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Razgovory

Quote from: CountDeMoney on June 14, 2011, 08:24:02 PM

A real catch there.
Well, the upside is he's probably so institutionalized now he'll wind up there again more sooner than later.

She'll likely be in there as well.  Criminals have a funny way of dragging other people into their problems.  Cases like this rarely end well.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Brazen

And I thought I made some shitty choices in men  :lol: He sounds a real catch. Where can I find one just like him? datarapist.com?

Brazen

Quote from: DGuller on June 15, 2011, 09:18:11 AM
To be fair, this is Georgia.  Shaking the woman's hand is enough to get a couple of life sentences for rape, if you fulfill a certain criteria. :unsure:

Quotealong with a other convictions related to that event, namely aggravated sodomy and robbery, over the next few weeks he committed more burglaries, others assaults and some more minor crimes.

Remind me not to offer to shake your hand.

Barrister

Quote from: Razgovory on June 15, 2011, 09:38:47 AM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on June 14, 2011, 08:24:02 PM

A real catch there.
Well, the upside is he's probably so institutionalized now he'll wind up there again more sooner than later.

She'll likely be in there as well.  Criminals have a funny way of dragging other people into their problems.  Cases like this rarely end well.

:yes: "Honey, I just need to keep some stuff at your house..."
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

mongers

Quote from: Brazen on June 15, 2011, 09:54:33 AM
And I thought I made some shitty choices in men  :lol: He sounds a real catch. Where can I find one just like him? datarapist.com?

Isn't that the alternative URL for facebook ? :unsure:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Strix

I am not familiar with the sentencing laws for Georgia, so I cannot say when he might get paroled. The same applies to the typically conditions. I am not familiar with what conditions and rules that Georgia uses.

The standard NY ones are reporting to an office visit as directed, permitting the search of the parolee's residence, person, and property without a warrant, reporting contact with law enforcement, no contact with those known to have a criminal record, no leaving the State without permission, no possession of controlled substances not prescribed by a doctor or any drug paraphernalia, required to pay a supervision fee, no violating any laws which a parolee is subject which provide for a penalty of imprisonment nor threaten the safety and well-being of yourself or others, waive your right to resist extradition if you flee the State, and than the Parole Board will add some conditions, and than the Parole Officer will add some conditions.

Sex Offenders usually have 3-4 times as many conditions as a standard parolee.

This is a tricky case to determine how he would behave once he is released. Normally Sex Offenders have a low rate of committing crimes and violating their parole while under parole supervision. However, rapists are a different category of sex offender and often have a lot of issues resisting their urges. I'd need to know more about the details of the crime he committed. Was it date rape? He said/She said? Committed during another crime/ Is he a serial rapist? Etc, and so on.

How soon he can travel out of state is up to his State, conditions, and his Parole Officer. The standard response for NY is about 6 months before we will consider it unless it's a major event (mom/dad dying/died). Once again because of the nature of his crime, it is unlikely Georgia will want him out of the state and their supervision anytime soon.

Out of the country is usually out of the question. There are often too many legal questions concerning the country he is going to for Parole to even bother checking.

The first major concern is the likelyhood that he has AIDS or Hep C. He is a rapist who engaged in Sodomy. Chances are very good he was giving it and getting it while incarcerated.

I have found that prison marriages do not work, period.  About 80% of my parolee's leave their wives within a few weeks of being released. A 100% have left them within the first year. The smarter ones will sue their spouses for support and/or make outrageous demands in return for a divorce.

The major reason they don't work is because people are different while in prison, and they change once they are released. While locked up, he has nothing to do 24/7 except write her or visit with her. He will give her all the attention she has previously lacked in a relationship because he has nothing else better to do. From her perspective, she is being treated like the most important thing in the world, and has been given fairytale promises of what life will be like when he gets out.

The reality, he will get out, have sex with her for a couple weeks, take her money, use her house/car, and probably have a new girlfriend within a week or so. That's if she is lucky. He will be a registered sex offender with a rape/robbery conviction which means he has little or no chance to get gainful employment. He may end up living off her for months until she gets disgusted to the point she wants to be free of him. If he is a stalker type than that may end up being a lot harder than she could ever imagine.

Usually having someone on the outside has little bearing on the parole proceedings. Relatives and romantic interests will say anything, and the Parole Board knows this. They will look at his crime, chances of his repeating it, and how bad the Board and State will look if he does. If they are like NY, they will reject the first 3-4 parole requests so that they look good if something happens farther down the line.

If you have anymore questions let me know?
"I always cheer up immensely if an attack is particularly wounding because I think, well, if they attack one personally, it means they have not a single political argument left." - Margaret Thatcher

Strix

The reality is that no sane State government wants to release rapists back into society. New York has even started using Mental Hygene laws to prevent the release of certain sex offenders once they have finished their required sentences. The reason is that most violent rapists will rape again. It's just how their brains are wired and nothing can change it. Therapy, Chemical Castration, and other methods just aren't effective enough to protect public safety. The chances are good that she is setting herself up to be one of his next victims.

Note: Yes, chemical castration will reduce the ability to get erect but not the desire. We had a rapist on chemical castration drugs who couldn't get it up for his next victim, so he killed her parrot and used that. And, we have another out now who doesn't use his penis, he reaches inside with his hand and pulls their utereus inside out.

"I always cheer up immensely if an attack is particularly wounding because I think, well, if they attack one personally, it means they have not a single political argument left." - Margaret Thatcher

Valmy

Quote from: Strix on June 15, 2011, 10:58:20 AM
The reality is that no sane State government wants to release rapists back into society. New York has even started using Mental Hygene laws to prevent the release of certain sex offenders once they have finished their required sentences. The reason is that most violent rapists will rape again. It's just how their brains are wired and nothing can change it. Therapy, Chemical Castration, and other methods just aren't effective enough to protect public safety. The chances are good that she is setting herself up to be one of his next victims.

Thank you for qualifying that.  So many people equate all sex offenders with violent rapists.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

DGuller

New York has even started using Mental Hygene laws to prevent the release of certain sex offenders once they have finished their required sentences.
:hmm:  Yeah, nothing wrong with the concept at all. 

Malthus

Note: Yes, chemical castration will reduce the ability to get erect but not the desire. We had a rapist on chemical castration drugs who couldn't get it up for his next victim, so he killed her parrot and used that. And, we have another out now who doesn't use his penis, he reaches inside with his hand and pulls their utereus inside out.

Good lord - it's like a Monty Python skit gone wrong!  ;)
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius