And we're back!

Main Menu

World of Tanks

Started by Threviel, June 13, 2011, 06:05:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Octavian

Quote from: DGuller on September 15, 2011, 06:24:42 PM
Quote from: Habbaku on September 15, 2011, 05:49:30 PM
It really, really sucks to kill eight of the enemy team single-handed and still lose.
Happens to me all the time.  Oh, wait, you said enemy tanks, scratch that.

No he didn't  :P
If you let someone handcuff you, and put a rope around your neck, don't act all surprised if they hang you!

- Eyal Yanilov.

Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely - lay your life before him.

- Bruce Lee

Threviel

Quote from: Slargos on September 16, 2011, 07:35:51 AM
Quote from: Threviel on September 16, 2011, 02:13:31 AM
Hod damn it! The KV with the 152mm is a fun tank. If I'm top of the list I one shot almost everything and some tanks I kill with misses. If I'm bottom of the list I can at least damage top tanks severely and regularly get at least one kill. A few games ago I took about 50% of an E75 and killed it.
The E-75 is bugged. It takes an inordinate amount of damage from HE shells. In fact, you should fire nothing but HE against it as things stand. In addition, hitting the mudflaps or the periscope does full damage to the tank. The E-series is fucked and they rolled out the patch without fixing it. I'm quickly getting tired of this bullshit.  :rolleyes:

Ohhh, goodie, then I know what to shoot for.

JonasSalk

Finally got my KV.

Now my dilemma is which gun to go with. I have no idea. There's the 1-shot-every-10-seconds derp cannon or a more reliable, fires-faster gun.

Ughhh.
Yuman

DGuller

Personally I found 107 mm gun more consistent in its performance compared to the derp gun.  While I usually go with derp guns when there is a choice, KV's derp gun is just way too slow.

Berkut

I would go with the 122mm derp, then the 152mm derp, then the 107mm long term.

But it takes a while to research the 107, IIRC.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

JonasSalk

Yeah, I think I'm gonna go with the 122, then the 107.
Yuman

Berkut

You should play the 152 long enough to get the 107 though. Mainly because it really is damn fun, although after a while you realize that while it is great for giggles, it isn't really feasible long term.

You should have seen this Tiger driver cussing me out when I 1 shot him. Apparently I hacked the game in some fashion, and what is really imperssive is that means I havked HIS client. I am just that good.

0 rows returned

Tamas

Just bought the 152mm for my KV. My very first shot one-shot killed a hetzer which I wasnt really aiming at. He just happened to be around when I missed my target :D

That said, the reload time is totally attrocious.

Iormlund

Oh yeah! Fantastic light tank rush on that desert map with a village in the middle and bases in the mountains. We took half their team in the first 30 secs of fighting. Scout (10 detected), 1 arty destroyed, and another and 2 TDs severely damaged (close 75mm HEs from behind).

Slargos

Quote from: Iormlund on September 16, 2011, 06:14:02 PM
Oh yeah! Fantastic light tank rush on that desert map with a village in the middle and bases in the mountains. We took half their team in the first 30 secs of fighting. Scout (10 detected), 1 arty destroyed, and another and 2 TDs severely damaged (close 75mm HEs from behind).
Love it when a zerg comes together. A properly executed rush is IMO one of the most powerful tactics in this game.

C.C.R.

Holy fuck, I'm on a cold streak.  I think I did better when I had the shitty gun on my PzIII...

:(

Slargos

Quote from: C.C.R. on September 17, 2011, 05:34:15 AM
Holy fuck, I'm on a cold streak.  I think I did better when I had the shitty gun on my PzIII...

:(
It happens. I had 11 consecutive defeats in my E-75. Might be because I suck but IDK.  :blush:

Berkut

20k more for the E-50....

0 rows returned

Slargos

You mother fuckers are outpacing me. I haven't played for weeks now.  :mad:

Berkut

Slargos, did you ever play the Ferd?

0 rows returned