News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

World of Tanks

Started by Threviel, June 13, 2011, 06:05:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Berkut

The 107mm is a Tier 7 gun, and performs like a Tier 7 gun.

167 pen, 300 damage. That is better pen than the Tier 6 US TD carries.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Tamas

:hmm:  ok thanks, I will certainly give it a try.

Berkut

Tamas, it is pretty much like I said upthread - the 107mm doesn't have nearly the giggle factor of the 152mm, but is overall a vastly more capable weapon.

WHen you get a top tier match with an upgraded KV with the 107mm, you should expect at least close to a Top Gun. You will be 1 shotting shit left and right.Of course, you would be 1 shotting that same shit with the 152, except you could only do it up close and once every 30 seconds, instead of at any range and every 7 seconds.

0 rows returned

Kleves

Is auto-aim worth using?
My aim, then, was to whip the rebels, to humble their pride, to follow them to their inmost recesses, and make them fear and dread us. Fear is the beginning of wisdom.

DGuller

Quote from: Kleves on September 19, 2011, 10:59:08 AM
Is auto-aim worth using?
Sometimes.  If you're looking to shoot a tank that's target practice for you, it's not moving, and want to do it ASAP, auto-aim is fine.  In most other circumstances, though, manual aim will work better.

Berkut

AUto aim is also very useful when you are in a moving dogfight, and staying moving is more critical than hitting.

0 rows returned

Arvoreen

Quote from: Berkut on September 19, 2011, 12:43:29 PM
AUto aim is also very useful when you are in a moving dogfight, and staying moving is more critical than hitting.

QFT -- especially when you are in a light/scout tank....hitting a target is the least of your concerns, so auto-aim works good to give you the occasional giggle hit...

DGuller

Unfortunately, when you're moving, the enemy does too.  That means that auto-aim will reliably hit the place your enemy was in a second ago. 

Berkut

Quote from: DGuller on September 19, 2011, 01:08:36 PM
Unfortunately, when you're moving, the enemy does too.  That means that auto-aim will reliably hit the place your enemy was in a second ago. 

A dogfight, by definition, is at short range. I get plenty of hits using auto-aim in turning fights where you are trying to stay ahead of someones turret.

And I have been in plenty of fights where I am moving and my target is not, for that matter. Like when I am in a light taking on a heavy or TD as I go by and he is shooting at someone else.

0 rows returned

Habbaku

The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Slargos

By simple logics, DGuller's statement is unassailable.

I'm sorry, Berkut, but you've been lawyered.

Slargos

It hurts my brain so much to get Top Gun and still lose. :bleeding:

C.C.R.

I'm getting extremely annoyed with getting my tracks damaged on the first hit that I take...

<_<

Habbaku

Quote from: Slargos on September 19, 2011, 05:00:26 PM
It hurts my brain so much to get Top Gun and still lose. :bleeding:

:console:  Had it happen to me twice in the last few days.  Once (as mentioned before) when I destroyed 8 of them virtually unassisted.  Why must my team suck so?
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Berkut

SO the E-50 is, of course, awesome.

However, with only the first engine upgrade, it really isn't a medium tank. It has a decent top end in the 40s, but it takes a very long time to get there and does not maneuver real well. It is pretty much a heavy tank.

0 rows returned