News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

World of Tanks

Started by Threviel, June 13, 2011, 06:05:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Threviel

Been playing american tds on the side. Damn the first two are funny, they are quick as hell and pack big guns. If I'm top half I run around and one shot things.

frunk

I've been having fun with the T82.  I've been reluctant to move up to T40, since the guns don't really get any better and I'll just get blown up by bigger enemies.

Habbaku

Quote from: frunk on September 13, 2011, 02:30:53 PM
I've been having fun with the T82.  I've been reluctant to move up to T40, since the guns don't really get any better and I'll just get blown up by bigger enemies.

That's not entirely accurate.  The Wolverine and Slugger are excellent upgrades both in guns, terms of armor and survivability.  Plus, playing around in the little leagues is only so much fun, but blowing up Lowes and Tigers?  Awesome.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

frunk

Quote from: Habbaku on September 13, 2011, 02:38:24 PM
That's not entirely accurate.  The Wolverine and Slugger are excellent upgrades both in guns, terms of armor and survivability.  Plus, playing around in the little leagues is only so much fun, but blowing up Lowes and Tigers?  Awesome.

I was referring specifically to the T40.  It only has one gun that the T82 doesn't have, and although better it isn't a huge jump especially since I usually play the derp gun anyway.  I know the Wolverine and Slugger are big improvements, but I'll still have to work through the T40.

Habbaku

The T40 really isn't that bad, though I recall that I didn't actually spend much time playing it.  If you research everything on the T82, you shouldn't have to actually play the T40 that much before you can skip to the next tier.  You'll have to adapt your play style a bit due to the larger tanks roaming around, of course, but you'll still be able to make most tanks on the field have a bad day.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

frunk

Keep in mind that I play most of the time in my Arty, only jump to the TD when I get blown up early in a battle or need to get the daily double, and don't have a premium account.  That means even a small amount of needed XP will take a while to get through.

Berkut

And the real kicker is that the best American TD for its tier might be the T25. It is awesome.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

C.C.R.

Quote from: Alexandru H. on September 12, 2011, 07:34:58 AM
I've bought the Hetzer. Had no money left and got stuck with the worst engine ever. Advice: if you buy it, try to research beforehand all the engine tier... It looks ok, but I have to adapt to it..

Had the money for the Hetzer, so I bought the Pz III Ausf. A.  Ouch.  Talk about painful.  Going from the 76mm gun back the the 37mm is killing me, plus after playing the PJ & the Marder for so long I have to get back used to a turret that actually rotates 360 degrees...

:P

Berkut

120k/161k towards the E-50. Really having a lot of fun with the Panther 2. Once you figure out what it is good at, it is REALLY good at it.

0 rows returned

Tamas

I am a mere 5k xp away from the Jagdpanzer, this raises a couple of questions:

-how the FUCK am I supposed to farm XP efficiently. It is SLOOOOOW. Even when I don't suck

-the wiki has a pretty abysmal opinion on the Jgdpanzer. How bad is it? Should I just keep farming free xp with my Stug?

Berkut

The JagdPanzer is fine. Don't worry that much about the conventional wisdom on what vehicles suck and what don't - mostly that is bitching at the margins.

Except for the M3 Lee. That really does blow serious chunks.

I haven't really seen anything that is so bad that it should stop someone from progressing rather than use it. Some vehicles certainly are not as good as others for their tier, but very few are so bad that it matters all that much.

0 rows returned

Tamas

Actually, I rather liked the stock Lee in my brief try.

Sure, it is utterly useless when you start near the bottom of the list in a match, as it lacks a turret, and lacks speed.

But, from mid-list and upwards, you deliver a decent punch with a gun you can actually aim with. Compared to the sameish gun of the T-28 it is nice.

C.C.R.

I think that I actually hate the Pz III A more than I hated the Pz II.

Must grind through it.  Must grind through it.  Must grind through it...

C.C.R.

Or, maybe not -- right after that post I had three awesome games in a row, including a 5-kill...

C.C.R.

Wow.  Really shouldn't be playing this after I've been drinking (today is my *ONLY* day off this week)...