News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

World of Tanks

Started by Threviel, June 13, 2011, 06:05:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Habbaku

It really, really sucks to kill eight of the enemy team single-handed and still lose.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

C.C.R.

Quote from: Habbaku on September 15, 2011, 05:49:30 PM
It really, really sucks to kill eight of the enemy team single-handed and still lose.

:pinch:

Does anybody else have certain maps that they absolutely despise?  For example, in my PzIIIA I fucking *HATE* the desert maps -- no matter which side I start on, which flank I go up or whatever I fucking do I'm just doomed by The Stars to get one-shotted by the biggest fucking BadBoy on the other team.  I start on these maps & I just basically want to park my tank in some cover & go outside, smoke a cigarette & come back & see if I'm dead or not...

DGuller

Quote from: Habbaku on September 15, 2011, 05:49:30 PM
Happens to me all the time.  Oh, wait, you said enemy tanks, scratch that.

Habbaku

I utterly and completely despise Malinovka.  It's gotten to where I just find a hiding spot, AFK/read for 5 minutes and then charge if I'm still alive.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Berkut

So todays patch was a pretty comprehensive, albeit minor, nerf to TDs.

I was going to go after that T5 German light, but it is a lot more XP than I expected. Maybe not...
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

C.C.R.

Quote from: Habbaku on September 15, 2011, 06:31:10 PM
I utterly and completely despise Malinovka.  It's gotten to where I just find a hiding spot, AFK/read for 5 minutes and then charge if I'm still alive.

Malinovka I enjoy, but that could be because that's just one of the most common maps & I know where to go for what I'm driving.  And I said earlier that I hate the desert maps for the PzIIIA, but I *LOVE* 'em for the Marder.  The flipside to that is "Cliffs" or whatever, which I hate for the TD but love for the Light...

C.C.R.

Oh, fuck -- starting Fisherman's Bay again right now.  I've been assraped on this one like eight times already today...

Habbaku

The 75 L/100 on the Panther is hilariously fun.  It shoots fast, is the most accurate gun I've ever had and does respectable damage to everything I can see.  It is fun to be able to penetrate the frontal armor of an IS-4.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

C.C.R.

Do I go with the PzIII next or the Hetzer?  Or do I retrograde to the Luchs, Bison or Wespe?  Decisions, decisions.  I'm leaning towards the PzIII...

Habbaku

I would go with the Pz III if you enjoy actual tanking instead of tank-hunting.  The Pz III is one of the first "real" tanks with decent armor, decent gun and has excellent speed and maneuverability on top of it.  I loved my Pz III.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

C.C.R.

Quote from: Habbaku on September 15, 2011, 08:14:28 PM
I would go with the Pz III if you enjoy actual tanking instead of tank-hunting.  The Pz III is one of the first "real" tanks with decent armor, decent gun and has excellent speed and maneuverability on top of it.  I loved my Pz III.

Yeah, that's what I'm going to do.  I'll just keep the Marder II for now in case I get The Urge.  I'll have to sell the old Panzerjaeger to make room, though...

:(

Slargos

looks like they left the e-75 bug. fucking cossack cunts.

Threviel

Hod damn it! The KV with the 152mm is a fun tank. If I'm top of the list I one shot almost everything and some tanks I kill with misses. If I'm bottom of the list I can at least damage top tanks severely and regularly get at least one kill. A few games ago I took about 50% of an E75 and killed it.

Tamas

One cannot possibly overestimate the significance of shooting someone in the back. Doing it at close range with a 102mm KV gun against a higher tiered tank is just pure joy

Slargos

Quote from: Threviel on September 16, 2011, 02:13:31 AM
Hod damn it! The KV with the 152mm is a fun tank. If I'm top of the list I one shot almost everything and some tanks I kill with misses. If I'm bottom of the list I can at least damage top tanks severely and regularly get at least one kill. A few games ago I took about 50% of an E75 and killed it.
The E-75 is bugged. It takes an inordinate amount of damage from HE shells. In fact, you should fire nothing but HE against it as things stand. In addition, hitting the mudflaps or the periscope does full damage to the tank. The E-series is fucked and they rolled out the patch without fixing it. I'm quickly getting tired of this bullshit.  :rolleyes: