And we're back!

Main Menu

The mind boggles

Started by Berkut, June 09, 2011, 12:23:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Slargos

Quote from: Valmy on June 10, 2011, 10:38:55 AM
Quote from: Slargos on June 10, 2011, 10:37:33 AM
I don't know about the slopes, but the only time I've been received as scheduled to an appointment was the time I was rushed into surgery.

Last time I went to the doctor for a scheduled appointment, I had to spend an hour in his waiting room (15 minutes early, he was 45 minutes late) and it's typically the same thing at the dentist. Of course, if I'm late they'll still charge me even if they were running late themselves. Fucking racket. Soviets.  :rolleyes:

Wow that is outrageous.  I hope they at least have a TV and decent magazines in the waiting room.

Not really. It was just jam packed with sniveling social parasites and gossip magazines. "Universal" healthcare ain't all it's cracked up to be.

Ed Anger

I like it when everybody in the waiting room tries to talk to me.

Them:So, How did you break your leg?
Me: Kicking people that talk to me.
Them: .....

Woman with cold: What a cute child.....
Me: GET YOUR DISEASED PAWS AWAY FROM HER!
Wwc: WELL I NEVER!
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

The Brain

Quote from: Slargos on June 10, 2011, 10:37:33 AM
I don't know about the slopes, but the only time I've been received as scheduled to an appointment was the time I was rushed into surgery.

Last time I went to the doctor for a scheduled appointment, I had to spend an hour in his waiting room (15 minutes early, he was 45 minutes late) and it's typically the same thing at the dentist. Of course, if I'm late they'll still charge me even if they were running late themselves. Fucking racket. Soviets.  :rolleyes:

Don't tell me you went to a doctor in Norway. Jesus.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Razgovory

Quote from: Ed Anger on June 10, 2011, 10:45:20 AM

Huh.  Maybe you just look like a friendly type.  People don't talk to me in waiting rooms.  In fact, people tend to avoid making eye-contact with me as much as possible.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Ed Anger

Quote from: Razgovory on June 10, 2011, 10:58:03 AM
Quote from: Ed Anger on June 10, 2011, 10:45:20 AM

Huh.  Maybe you just look like a friendly type.  People don't talk to me in waiting rooms.  In fact, people tend to avoid making eye-contact with me as much as possible.

I'm reading or holding my kid. THAT MEANS LEAVE ME ALONE. People today are nosy fucks that need a good punch in the snout to remember their manners.

Hell, I've pretended to be asleep, and people bother me.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

dps

Quote from: Monoriu on June 10, 2011, 10:35:21 AM
Doctors in HK generally take in about twice or three times the number of patients as they should.  Appointment times are always "indicative" only. 

Well, that's the problem.  Your doctors are just shafting you by giving you shitty care as quickly as possible to maximize their patient intake.  You should be complaining about that type of behaviour, not using it to justify doctors not trying to get their patients to practice preventive medicine.

Monoriu

Quote from: dps on June 10, 2011, 06:11:42 PM
Quote from: Monoriu on June 10, 2011, 10:35:21 AM
Doctors in HK generally take in about twice or three times the number of patients as they should.  Appointment times are always "indicative" only. 

Well, that's the problem.  Your doctors are just shafting you by giving you shitty care as quickly as possible to maximize their patient intake.  You should be complaining about that type of behaviour, not using it to justify doctors not trying to get their patients to practice preventive medicine.

Like I said, quick service and short waiting times are very important to me.  If they all start to spend 10 minutes on each patient I'll be screwed. 

grumbler

Quote from: Maximus on June 10, 2011, 08:16:01 AM
I've already conceded that the law is unnecessary. I've gone on to talking about what an ass the doctor is. Just a different conversation, that's all.

How long have you known him?  Or are you declaring him an ass based on some assumption that hearing a fragment of a story entitles you to reach snap decisions about assholiness?

If the latter, who is the ass here?
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

garbon

Quote from: Monoriu on June 10, 2011, 07:13:47 PM
Like I said, quick service and short waiting times are very important to me.  If they all start to spend 10 minutes on each patient I'll be screwed. 

Is accuracy and helpfulness of the service not important?
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Slargos

Quote from: grumbler on June 10, 2011, 07:34:35 PM
Quote from: Maximus on June 10, 2011, 08:16:01 AM
I've already conceded that the law is unnecessary. I've gone on to talking about what an ass the doctor is. Just a different conversation, that's all.

How long have you known him?  Or are you declaring him an ass based on some assumption that hearing a fragment of a story entitles you to reach snap decisions about assholiness?

If the latter, who is the ass here?

:lmfao:

You provide much entertainment, grumbleR.

Monoriu

Quote from: garbon on June 11, 2011, 03:18:42 PM
Quote from: Monoriu on June 10, 2011, 07:13:47 PM

Is accuracy and helpfulness of the service not important?

Life is about tradeoffs.  There are only so many doctors relative to patient demand.  If you increase consultation time per patient, you increase waiting times.  It is that simple.  Waiting times are already close to intolerable.  I really do not want longer waiting times so that the doctor can do some nice to haves. 

garbon

Quote from: Monoriu on June 11, 2011, 06:38:16 PM
Life is about tradeoffs.  There are only so many doctors relative to patient demand.  If you increase consultation time per patient, you increase waiting times.  It is that simple.  Waiting times are already close to intolerable.  I really do not want longer waiting times so that the doctor can do some nice to haves. 

I'm sorry that you have such a terrible medical system.

I think preventative medicine (in all its forms, not just this case which is a questionable example) is important as it can keep people from developing and suffering from conditions down the road.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.