Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Anger

Quote from: Caliga on June 09, 2011, 07:29:31 AM
I msis Rick Ducommun.  Disappointed his career died. :(

*looks*

Boy it did, didn't it?
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Caliga

Yeah.  I was thinking he'd be the next John Goodman at the time.  Nigga had a funnyman supporting role next to TOM FUCKING HANKS. :(

Hm, I'm also gonna have to watch the old HBO spaceship with lasers commercial on YouTube when I get home. :cool:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

grumbler

Quote from: viper37 on June 08, 2011, 10:42:01 AM
It's a psychic.  Wich they never met in person.  Anybody can give details about par of a house.

So, ok, let's send cops everytime a psychic calls.  And let's send animal control for Santa's Reindeer too.
I don't understand your objection to the police following up on a tip, given that the tip came from someone who was familiar with the property.

How do police investigate things in your neck of the woods?  Do they refuse to investigate tips if they suspect the tip may have come from a "psychic?"  Sounds pretty silly to me (as does your suggestion that you "send cops everytime a psychic calls" as well as "let's send animal control for Santa's Reindeer too").

There is a middle ground between not responding and always responding.  The story described why this case fell into that middle ground.  If you will point out which words in the story you linked were too big for you to understand, I can explain them using little words, and you can see why this case is in that middle ground.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Slargos

Quote from: grumbler on June 09, 2011, 08:28:53 AM
I don't understand your objection to the police following up on a tip, given that the tip came from someone who was familiar with the property.

I suspect the issue here is spin.

If his media outlets are anything like the ones we get here, the story was more or less "Stupid Americans search for mass graves based on tips from an insane person who thinks he's psychic lolz Americans are really dumb."

grumbler

Quote from: Slargos on June 09, 2011, 08:44:55 AM

If his media outlets are anything like the ones we get here, the story was more or less "Stupid Americans search for mass graves based on tips from an insane person who thinks he's psychic lolz Americans are really dumb."
My point is that the article answers every question Viper raised - and it was Viper's own link!

I can only conclude that he cannot understand the story, since it defies belief that he would raise those questions after reading and comprehending the story.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Slargos

Quote from: grumbler on June 09, 2011, 09:07:25 AM
Quote from: Slargos on June 09, 2011, 08:44:55 AM

My point is that the article answers every question Viper raised - and it was Viper's own link!

I can only conclude that he cannot understand the story, since it defies belief that he would raise those questions after reading and comprehending the story.

And my point is that if you've already read the article in your local newsoutlet, you won't necessarily feel like you need to read it again. I'd heard of this before I read this article, and the spin was more or less as I described it.

grumbler

Quote from: Slargos on June 09, 2011, 09:15:29 AM
And my point is that if you've already read the article in your local newsoutlet, you won't necessarily feel like you need to read it again. I'd heard of this before I read this article, and the spin was more or less as I described it.
And my point is that i didn't read the article in my local news, I just read the article that viper himself provided, and all the answers were right there.  No spin to describe.

Bayraktar!

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Ed Anger on June 09, 2011, 06:01:01 AM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on June 09, 2011, 05:59:16 AM
Quote from: Ed Anger on June 09, 2011, 05:58:05 AM
Quote from: Benedict Arnold on June 09, 2011, 02:04:20 AM
Did they check the furnace?  :The 'Burbs:

:lol:

Fuck, I'm gonna have to watch that again.

Everybody should have Bruce Dern as a neighbor.

Instead, I have Corey Feldman.  :(

Lucky you.  I get to have Smokey, Deebo and Big Worm.

Slargos

Quote from: grumbler on June 10, 2011, 08:02:13 PM
Quote from: Slargos on June 09, 2011, 09:15:29 AM
And my point is that i didn't read the article in my local news, I just read the article that viper himself provided, and all the answers were right there.  No spin to describe.

And MY point is that he didn't necessarily read his own article. When I read an article in a local outlet and I want to repost the story here, I don't necessarily go through the story again just because it's in a new language.

garbon

Quote from: Slargos on June 11, 2011, 02:51:30 AM
And MY point is that he didn't necessarily read his own article. When I read an article in a local outlet and I want to repost the story here, I don't necessarily go through the story again just because it's in a new language.

If people would stop posting things that they hadn't read (let alone comprehended), I think Languish would be a better place. :)
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."<br /><br />I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Slargos

Quote from: garbon on June 11, 2011, 03:13:55 PM

If people would stop posting things that they hadn't read (let alone comprehended), I think Languish would be a better place. :)

I doubt it. Where would all the controversy go, and what would we do without it?  :hmm:

garbon

Quote from: Slargos on June 11, 2011, 04:13:16 PM
I doubt it. Where would all the controversy go, and what would we do without it?  :hmm:

I was thinking it would be the end of Tim posts.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."<br /><br />I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

jamesww

Quote from: garbon on June 11, 2011, 03:13:55 PM

PDH

I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM