News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Texas psychic...

Started by viper37, June 07, 2011, 11:51:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

viper37

I'm surprised.  Very surprised.  Tim has not posted this article yet.
QuoteThe investigation began after the sheriff's office received a tip from a  psychic who claimed that many bodies, including those of children, were  at the home, said Liberty County Judge Craig McNair, the county's top  elected official.
http://www.suntimes.com/5835934-417/psychics-tip-about-mass-grave-in-texas-turns-up-empty.html

No bodies found.  What a surprise.
I'm baffled that police officers could belive this psychic crap though.

Only in America?  ;) :D
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

jimmy olsen

It could be a way to confess for the killer. That's why they showed up.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Monoriu

If the police gets these claims, it is very hard not to investigate. 

CountDeMoney

Quote from: viper37 on June 07, 2011, 11:51:48 PM

Fast forward 6 months...
"...after construction workers found the first remains, the questions now turn to the Sheriff's Department, who had apparently received mulitple tipster calls to investigate the house, with no response.  State officials are now looking into why..."

Don't be such a cop-hating douchebag, Viper.  You America-hating faggot bitchfuck.

Caliga

Quote from: jimmy olsen on June 07, 2011, 11:56:55 PM
It could be a way to confess for the killer. That's why they showed up.
:yes:

If they have no other promising leads, why not entertain some nutcase?  The nut may be the killer or have some tangible connection to them.  If the lead turns out to be total BS, they can always arrest the 'psychic' for obstruction of justice. :)
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

grumbler

Quote from: viper37 on June 07, 2011, 11:51:48 PM
I'm surprised.  Very surprised.  Tim has not posted this article yet.
QuoteThe investigation began after the sheriff's office received a tip from a  psychic who claimed that many bodies, including those of children, were  at the home, said Liberty County Judge Craig McNair, the county's top  elected official.
http://www.suntimes.com/5835934-417/psychics-tip-about-mass-grave-in-texas-turns-up-empty.html

Quote...Evans said authorities took the tip seriously in part because the caller had details about the interior of the house that only someone who had seen it could have known...

McNair said deputies found blood on a back door and detected a foul odor coming from the house, leading to the search warrant...
I am baffled why you would post about being baffled when the answers were in the article you were quoting!

Canadian schooling and analytical ability FTL. :)  :D
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

viper37

It's a psychic.  Wich they never met in person.  Anybody can give details about par of a house.

So, ok, let's send cops everytime a psychic calls.  And let's send animal control for Santa's Reindeer too.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: viper37 on June 08, 2011, 10:42:01 AM
So, ok, let's send cops everytime a psychic calls. 

Yes, we probably should when they call about a bunch of dead bodies/mass graves.

Sophie Scholl

Did they check the furnace?  :The 'Burbs:
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

dps

I don't think it applies to the police, but I know that child protective services is required to investigate any allegation of child abuse, no matter what the source.  I know that my ex-gf had to go out on calls that she knew were spurious.  I don't think that any of them came from psychics, but if a psychic had called social services claiming that they had had visions of someone abusing children, someone from the office would have had to check out the claims.

It seems silly, and a waste of time and resources, but the downside to not investigating is too big.  Even if you put absolutely zero stock in any claims of pyschic abilities, there have been cases where people who actually had information on a case claimed to be psychic because they didn't want to admit how they really got that knowledge.  Not necessarily because they were the guilty party, as Tim suggests (though that apparantly has happened), but because they didn't want to admit to stuff like spying on their neighbors Rear Window style. 

Ed Anger

Quote from: Benedict Arnold on June 09, 2011, 02:04:20 AM

:lol:

Fuck, I'm gonna have to watch that again.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Ed Anger on June 09, 2011, 05:58:05 AM

Everybody should have Bruce Dern as a neighbor.

Ed Anger

Quote from: CountDeMoney on June 09, 2011, 05:59:16 AM
Quote from: Ed Anger on June 09, 2011, 05:58:05 AM

Everybody should have Bruce Dern as a neighbor.

Instead, I have Corey Feldman.  :(
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Caliga

I msis Rick Ducommun.  Disappointed his career died. :(

Caliga

Quote from: Ed Anger on June 09, 2011, 06:01:01 AM
Instead, I have Corey Feldman.  :(
I wanna hang that kid by his idiotic-looking devilock thing.