News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Help me choose a new car

Started by viper37, June 09, 2011, 10:23:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caliga

Quote from: Tonitrus on October 24, 2011, 08:28:50 PM
Isn't Mitsubishi the loser of Japanese automakers?
Yeah, they should have stuck to building warplanes. :)
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

viper37

As expected, this car is slow.  Slower than my Camaro, wich is disapointing a little.

But what it lacks in speed, it makes it in comfort.  The last car I drove wich was like that was my father's old (1986) Oldsmobile 98.
I'm very weel seated, it has leg room on the back seat, a huge trunk, and all the gizmos you'd expect.  The sound system is disapointing though.  It's an old man's car for sure.  But I'm getting old, apparently.

Comfort on one side, pure raw power on the other.  Safety on one side, no more driving license on the other...
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Barrister

Quote from: viper37 on October 26, 2011, 08:32:26 AM
As expected, this car is slow.  Slower than my Camaro, wich is disapointing a little.

But what it lacks in speed, it makes it in comfort.  The last car I drove wich was like that was my father's old (1986) Oldsmobile 98.
I'm very weel seated, it has leg room on the back seat, a huge trunk, and all the gizmos you'd expect.  The sound system is disapointing though.  It's an old man's car for sure.  But I'm getting old, apparently.

Comfort on one side, pure raw power on the other.  Safety on one side, no more driving license on the other...

I'm pretty sure you're going to give Zanza a stroke by comparing a Benz to an '86 Oldsmobile.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

viper37

Quote from: Barrister on October 26, 2011, 08:34:18 AM
I'm pretty sure you're going to give Zanza a stroke by comparing a Benz to an '86 Oldsmobile.
Sorry Zanza :(

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

viper37

99% chance I'm going for the Mercedes.  Waiting for a callback from the salesman, see if my offer is accepted.

I'm trying, really, really, trying to convince myself I'm doing the right thing.  Closer to 40 than 20.  Semi-girlfriend.  Maybe kids at some point.  I'm almost a grown up man now.  What's a little less power when you got comfort...  gotta go or I'm gonna cry.

Grey Fox

Viper, you are not a responsible human being, stop trying to become one.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

viper37

Got the Mercedes.  And all 4 mag wheels are spotted.  Fuck.  This is why I never bought used car.  There's no way I could have seen this under the cover of darkness.  I don't think I'll get anything for that, but I'll try my luck anyway.

Grey Fox

viper37

Quote from: Grey Fox on November 07, 2011, 10:22:55 AM
What does spotted means?
scratched.  Badly scratched for 2 of them, barely acceptable for the 2 others.
As if the previous owner drove alongside the sidewalk.

Grey Fox