Started by jamesww, April 28, 2011, 05:42:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Slargos

Quote from: Pitiful Pathos on May 22, 2011, 11:56:30 AM
Quote from: Slargos on May 22, 2011, 11:51:41 AM
Quote from: Pitiful Pathos on May 22, 2011, 11:49:04 AM
Quote from: Slargos on May 22, 2011, 11:43:01 AM
Quote from: Pitiful Pathos on May 22, 2011, 11:37:15 AM
Maybe you get used to it, but I think it would be exhausting to neurotically analyze every little social nuance through that lens.

Every little social nouance has meaning even if you're not scrutinizing it. [IE the tree falls even if you don't hear it]

What has been seen cannot be unseen.

Well, the interactions are seen through a lens of dubious veracity in the first place.  And the analysis of every nuance through that lens comes with a host of neurotic worries.  "Is my hand on top of hers?" OMG, I am not an alpha male", "she will cheat on me", etc.

But the power of non-verbal commands and cues is immense [make no mistake, your body screams a lot louder than you can imagine], and those who control it can do great good, or great harm.  :sleep:

Then we are agreed again.   :hmm:

That usually happens when you're not busy being a douche-cunt.  :hug:

Camerus

Quote from: Slargos on May 22, 2011, 11:59:07 AM
Quote from: Pitiful Pathos on May 22, 2011, 11:56:30 AM
Maybe you get used to it, but I think it would be exhausting to neurotically analyze every little social nuance through that lens.

Every little social nouance has meaning even if you're not scrutinizing it. [IE the tree falls even if you don't hear it]

Well, the interactions are seen through a lens of dubious veracity in the first place.  And the analysis of every nuance through that lens comes with a host of neurotic worries.  "Is my hand on top of hers?" OMG, I am not an alpha male", "she will cheat on me", etc.

But the power of non-verbal commands and cues is immense [make no mistake, your body screams a lot louder than you can imagine], and those who control it can do great good, or great harm.  :sleep:

Then we are agreed again.   :hmm:

That usually happens when you're not busy being a douche-cunt.  :hug:

At least according to the seduction community, that would make me alpha.   :P

Ed Anger

Quote from: Slargos on May 22, 2011, 11:48:46 AM

In the battle for my soul, Lucifer is winning. I find fewer and fewer ingratiating traits in humanity every day. In fact, some days I find myself wondering if I wouldn't simply incinerate the lot of you if given the opportunity. Good thing we haven't found out yet.

I am pleased
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Martinus

I was wondering what it is about the seduction community that turns people into such rabidly bitchy asscunts, but then I realized that they are simply aquiring the social acceptance to adopt a veneer of what they believe will look like self-confidence but is infact extreme douchebaggery. Simply put, a lot of people are douchebags but simply don't get to express it enough without the acceptance of the peer group.

The seduction community doesn't turn people into douchebags, it just attracts the little parrotting me-toos.

In the battle for my soul, Lucifer is winning. I find fewer and fewer ingratiating traits in humanity every day. In fact, some days I find myself wondering if I wouldn't simply incinerate the lot of you if given the opportunity. Good thing we haven't found out yet.

I think the seduction community people are rather pathetic. I imagine them to be some pimpled, greasy nerds who sit in their armchairs and think they can "mastermind" some hot chick into having a pity-fuck with them.

Slargos

Quote from: Martinus on May 22, 2011, 02:23:03 PM
I was wondering what it is about the seduction community that turns people into such rabidly bitchy asscunts, but then I realized that they are simply aquiring the social acceptance to adopt a veneer of what they believe will look like self-confidence but is infact extreme douchebaggery. Simply put, a lot of people are douchebags but simply don't get to express it enough without the acceptance of the peer group.

The seduction community doesn't turn people into douchebags, it just attracts the little parrotting me-toos.

I think the seduction community people are rather pathetic. I imagine them to be some pimpled, greasy nerds who sit in their armchairs and think they can "mastermind" some hot chick into having a pity-fuck with them.

I doubt you are correct.

Ed Anger

Caliga

I think you should use pictures of that tranny Pete something, the singer from Dead or Alive, as thread hijacks. :)
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Ed Anger

Quote from: Caliga on May 23, 2011, 07:53:39 AM
I think you should use pictures of that tranny Pete something, the singer from Dead or Alive, as thread hijacks. :)

As the thread had been hijacked by the seduction community, my pic fits and your suggestion is stupid. +1 Ed Anger Disapproval point.

Caliga

Quote from: Ed Anger on May 23, 2011, 07:57:55 AM
As the thread had been hijacked by the seduction community, my pic fits and your suggestion is stupid. +1 Ed Anger Disapproval point.
I'm really racking them up these days. :cool:

Ed Anger

Quote from: Caliga on May 23, 2011, 07:59:11 AM
Quote from: Ed Anger on May 23, 2011, 07:57:55 AM
I'm really racking them up these days. :cool:

There is a prize at 10.

MadImmortalMan

Some of the psychology they (ab)use is interesting, but I think the whole thing is rooted in insecurity. They are people who are prone to worry anyway, and this gives their minds shiny distractions to worry about and channels that energy into something they believe will make them feel better about themselves: getting laid.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Drakken

I'm siding with Pitiful Pathos here. The whole idea of the "seduction community" is nerds studying players and codifying this in "nerdspeak" so that they can fake being men having fun and fun being around with, and weasel their way into a girl's pants.

But it's still deeply rooted in fear : of women, of rejection, that they might not be enough. Hence this obsession that should be "dominant" pushed too far, to the point of acting like real jerkasses. What they don't understand is, if the girl already digs you to begin with, as long as you don't sound like a serial killer when you open your mouth she'll like you anyway, and will more than likely sleep with you or give you her real number.

Besides, most "gurus" are already good-looking to begin with and know where they market themselves in, so of course they are getting ass. But they won't tell the 350-lbs fatso with a white t-shirt to lose his fat and get some style, otherwise they'll risk losing the customer. So they sell him the dream that he may pull hot chicks as he is instead.

Malthus

Oh, no argument there. Information is not necessarily helpful.

There is no doubt that people communicate through non-verbal cues, but it is always more of a 'complete package over time' deal.

Determining whether one person is "dominant" over another by way of a pic of which way they happen to hold hands strikes me as total and complete bullshit.  :lol: That's like taking a pic of Prince Charming there smiling at the hired help, and deducing he's planning an affair with her.
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Caliga

Jacob

The classic literary reference in the wordpress site is a nice touch.

Anyhow, of course self-confidence and non-verbal cues matter when you're trying to get laid. It's the codification, spurious theory development and general nerdy obsession that makes it pathetic. That and taking the insight that it helps not to care too much and neurotically obsessing about how to make yourself look like that.