Live Royal Wedding Coverage.

Started by jamesww, April 28, 2011, 05:42:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Liep on May 02, 2011, 09:02:14 AM
Pippa-Middleton-Ass-Appreciation-Society

I got my membership card.

Caliga

I used to hang out with a guy in Boston whose last name is Middleton.  I wonder if he is related. :bowler:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

merithyn

Quote from: Sheilbh on May 09, 2011, 03:43:10 AM
And Salmond would like it to happen again.  He's said that if Scotland were to become independent he'd like the Queen to remain Head of State (weirdly the royals apparently get on really well with Salmond).

Personally I loved the royal wedding to a somewhat absurd degree :blush:

I understood that the Scots love the royals because of the Queen Mother. She was Scottish, after all, and made it a big part of her reign to include and recognize the Scots at every opportunity.
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

Sheilbh

Quote from: merithyn on May 09, 2011, 08:14:42 AM
I understood that the Scots love the royals because of the Queen Mother. She was Scottish, after all, and made it a big part of her reign to include and recognize the Scots at every opportunity.
Quote from: merithyn on May 09, 2011, 08:14:42 AM
I grew up near her castle - she bought it when it was a bit of a wreck, did it up and then spent every summer up there.  When she died Prince Charles took over that. 

I don't think it's much to do with her though, maybe it was once.  But the royals spend every summer in Balmoral - I think it's their favourite home.   I think part of it is that the royals as a family on the throne pay a lot of attention to the idea of the nations, in a way that English elected politicians don't, so the Queen's very respectful of the Kirk and the Scottish Parliament.

My own perspective is that I think royals actually suit Scotland a bit more.  They remind me of the local laird when I was growing up with their taste for dreach holidays shooting deer and fishing, wearing tartan and rather dourly and formally entertaining themselves.  Admittedly I grew up in the Highlands so it was a highly rural area but the royals, like, say, gamekeepers and poachers, just seem to fit Scotland quite naturally.
Let's bomb Russia!

MadImmortalMan

Apparently, it's all gonna fail.

http://roissy.wordpress.com/2011/04/28/prince-william-beta-chump/

Kate Middleton, a rather mannish-looking princess-to-be (get a load of that wedge-shaped chin), has excised the 'obey' part from her wedding vows. Her feminist sensibilities have got the best of her, so she will not be vowing any obedience to her Prince. Perhaps William could take a page from her book and alter his wedding vows to suit a more contemporary interpretation:

"I, beta supremo, take thee, annoying ballbuster, to be my lawful wedded wife, to have and to hold from this day forward, for better for worse, for richer for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love as a legally recognized equal in every way except for those times I'm required to prop her on a pedestal and sing her praises to all and sundry, till death or a financial catastrophe from divorce us do part, according to culturally specific traditional folkways; and thereto I plight thee the last vestige of my manly fortitude."

I'm sure Kate batted her eyelashes and glowed a bit in the cheeks when she kindly asked directed William to accept her changes to the traditional English wedding vows, and I'm sure William, being the good enlightened poodleboy he is, pretended to happily agree, figuring that she would love him even more for his understanding and progressive attitude.

I've got news for ya, ol' chap. She won't. In fact, she'll likely come to resent you for caving to her demands.

To understand this female peculiarity with issuing demands they don't really want to see acceded, you have to envision that each woman has two mouths. One mouth, the face mouth, says the words that your ears actually hear. This is the mouth that concatenates and delivers the sentence fragments that form in the prefrontal cortex of her mind. She means these words, inasmuch as that part of her brain retains control over the other parts of her brain. Unfortunately, that is rarely the case.

The other mouth, the vagina mouth, only says words that her hindbrain hears. These are words not meant for either your ears or her ears. Her hamster, though, does hear them, and his job is to spin those words, devilish as they are, into palatable rationalizations which are then shuttled to the polite and civilized cortex for mastication.

So, the face mouth says 'I will not obey and he better agree with me', while the vagina mouth whispers 'Jesus, if he bends to my feminist will I'm going to dry up in bed and start daydreaming of the gruff bouncer at Shariadiscoteque.'

Before I knew of this 'obey' tidbit, I would have given this celebutard marriage pretty good odds of surviving to the decrepit end. After all, she is marrying a prince. And she's not exactly the hottest babe he could have snagged. But now that this has come out, I revise my estimate downward. The chance of Kate absconding with a swarthy southerner on a weekend junket aboard his yacht has just doubled.

Like father, like son. Even royalty can't compensate for cringing betaness.

Hand holding involves a dominant and a submissive hand position. The dominant hand is the one over the top of the other hand, with the palm facing backward.

Women prefer the submissive postures in relationships. It is their subconscious preference, as it is men's preference to assume the role of the dominant partner. Try it sometime with your girlfriend. Hold her hand in the reverse, where your palm faces forward like in the pic above. You will find your unconscious revolting against the act, a silent scream crying out from the cellar of your mind, begging for relief from the jarring oscillation to its rhythmic pulse.

William has subverted this natural predilection and holds Kate's hand in the submissive posture. I predict she will cheat on him before her 38th birthday.

Why does everything mean something else? Now I'm gonna be self-conscious about the way I hold hands. :unsure:
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Ed Anger

I didn't know the seduction community had a blog.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

CountDeMoney

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on May 20, 2011, 03:35:14 PMWomen prefer the submissive postures in relationships. It is their subconscious preference, as it is men's preference to assume the role of the dominant partner.

Amen.  But I don't think that means what I want it to mean.

QuoteWilliam has subverted this natural predilection and holds Kate's hand in the submissive posture. I predict she will cheat on him before her 38th birthday.

LOL reading into ergonomics.

CountDeMoney

garbon

Quote from: Ed Anger on May 20, 2011, 04:33:37 PM
I didn't know the seduction community had a blog.

Right? What a load of crap.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."<br /><br />I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Camerus

Maybe you get used to it, but I think it would be exhausting to neurotically analyze every little social nuance through that lens.

Slargos

Quote from: Pitiful Pathos on May 22, 2011, 11:37:15 AM
Maybe you get used to it, but I think it would be exhausting to neurotically analyze every little social nuance through that lens.

Every little social nouance has meaning even if you're not scrutinizing it. [IE the tree falls even if you don't hear it]

What has been seen cannot be unseen.

Slargos

I was wondering what it is about the seduction community that turns people into such rabidly bitchy asscunts, but then I realized that they are simply aquiring the social acceptance to adopt a veneer of what they believe will look like self-confidence but is infact extreme douchebaggery. Simply put, a lot of people are douchebags but simply don't get to express it enough without the acceptance of the peer group.

The seduction community doesn't turn people into douchebags, it just attracts the little parrotting me-toos.

In the battle for my soul, Lucifer is winning. I find fewer and fewer ingratiating traits in humanity every day. In fact, some days I find myself wondering if I wouldn't simply incinerate the lot of you if given the opportunity. Good thing we haven't found out yet.

Camerus

Quote from: Slargos on May 22, 2011, 11:43:01 AM

Every little social nouance has meaning even if you're not scrutinizing it. [IE the tree falls even if you don't hear it]

Well, the interactions are seen through a lens of dubious veracity in the first place.  And the analysis of every nuance through that lens comes with a host of neurotic worries.  "Is my hand on top of hers?" OMG, I am not an alpha male", "she will cheat on me", etc. 

Slargos

Quote from: Pitiful Pathos on May 22, 2011, 11:49:04 AM

Well, the interactions are seen through a lens of dubious veracity in the first place.  And the analysis of every nuance through that lens comes with a host of neurotic worries.  "Is my hand on top of hers?" OMG, I am not an alpha male", "she will cheat on me", etc.

Oh, no argument there. Information is not necessarily helpful.

But the power of non-verbal commands and cues is immense [make no mistake, your body screams a lot louder than you can imagine], and those who control it can do great good, or great harm.  :sleep:

Camerus

Quote from: Slargos on May 22, 2011, 11:51:41 AM
Quote from: Pitiful Pathos on May 22, 2011, 11:49:04 AM

But the power of non-verbal commands and cues is immense [make no mistake, your body screams a lot louder than you can imagine], and those who control it can do great good, or great harm.  :sleep:

Then we are agreed again.   :hmm: