Live Royal Wedding Coverage.

Started by jamesww, April 28, 2011, 05:42:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Razgovory

Quote from: Barrister on April 29, 2011, 05:02:21 PM
Quote from: The Minsky Moment on April 29, 2011, 04:55:35 PM
Quote from: Barrister on April 29, 2011, 04:53:59 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on April 29, 2011, 04:40:09 PM
Disgusting. Letting women rule. No wonder Euros turned into pussies.

:huh:

Queen Victoria?  Queen Elizabeth I?  Ring any bells?

You forgot Matilda, Mary, and Mary Queen o Scots.

Matilda? :huh:

But I was more going for women rulers who were anything but pussies.  Vicky caused England to become the biggest Empire in the world during her day, and Liz I didn't take no guff from the Spanish (or anybody else).

You never heard of the Empress Matilda?  I was once going to run an GURPs campaign during the English Anarchy.  It never materialized though.  Did read up a bunch on it though.  Not a great deal of published material on it.

I don't think Victoria "caused" England to do anything. 
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Syt

Quote from: Habbaku on April 29, 2011, 06:08:35 PM
Quote from: Barrister on April 29, 2011, 05:02:21 PM
Vicky caused England to become the biggest Empire in the world during her day

Really?  She went out and conquered all that shit herself?

She was ... occupied.

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Liep

"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

The Larch

Keeping on with the sauciness:

Valmy

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Zanza2

Must be some nasty noises from Kate if the little girl closes her ears like that.

jamesww

For me, the most poinient part of royal wedding was this:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/mobile/uk-13260188

Queues have formed around Westminster Abbey of crowds waiting to see the Duchess of Cambridge's wedding bouquet, as the royal couple are expected to return to Anglesey.
The bridal bouquet has been placed, as is tradition, on the grave of the unknown warrior.

Containing British lily of the valley flowers, the placing of the bouquet there dates back to the Queen Mother who placed her own bouquet on the memorial in memory of her brother who was killed in World War I.

The Larch

Quote from: Zanza2 on May 02, 2011, 10:20:07 AM
Must be some nasty noises from Kate if the little girl closes her ears like that.

Loud slurping.  :yucky:

Valmy

Is the Louis in William's name for Prince Louis Battenberg?
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Legbiter

Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

Drakken

Quote from: Valmy on May 02, 2011, 10:42:52 AM
Is the Louis in William's name for Prince Louis Battenberg?

Louis as in Louis Mountbatten of Burma, who was Louis of Battenberg's son.

alfred russel

Quote from: Valmy on May 02, 2011, 10:08:50 AM
Quote from: The Larch on May 02, 2011, 09:12:25 AM
Keeping on with the sauciness:

Woah.  William hangs low.

It doesn't matter whether it is humans or some other animal, if you focus on breeding just for the purpose of more breeding, in enough generations the progeny will develop superior reproductive characteristics.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Valmy

Quote from: Drakken on May 02, 2011, 11:42:24 AM
Louis as in Louis Mountbatten of Burma, who was Louis of Battenberg's son.

Ah yeah.  Well he was cool to.

Drakken

Quote from: Valmy on May 02, 2011, 11:46:33 AM
Ah yeah.  Well he was cool to.

The IRA certainly thought he was a blast.

Sheilbh

Quote from: Barrister on April 29, 2011, 03:12:20 PM
Hell Scotland and England were in the same situation up until the Act of Union.
And Salmond would like it to happen again.  He's said that if Scotland were to become independent he'd like the Queen to remain Head of State (weirdly the royals apparently get on really well with Salmond).

Personally I loved the royal wedding to a somewhat absurd degree :blush:
Let's bomb Russia!