And we're back!

Main Menu

Live Royal Wedding Coverage.

Started by jamesww, April 28, 2011, 05:42:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Anger

Quote from: Barrister on April 29, 2011, 04:53:59 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on April 29, 2011, 04:40:09 PM
Disgusting. Letting women rule. No wonder Euros turned into pussies.

:huh:

Queen Victoria?  Queen Elizabeth I?  Ring any bells?

When I drop a turd in the punchbowl, you aren't supposed to take a big bite.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Barrister

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on April 29, 2011, 04:55:35 PM
Quote from: Barrister on April 29, 2011, 04:53:59 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on April 29, 2011, 04:40:09 PM
Disgusting. Letting women rule. No wonder Euros turned into pussies.

:huh:

Queen Victoria?  Queen Elizabeth I?  Ring any bells?

You forgot Matilda, Mary, and Mary Queen o Scots.

Matilda? :huh:

But I was more going for women rulers who were anything but pussies.  Vicky caused England to become the biggest Empire in the world during her day, and Liz I didn't take no guff from the Spanish (or anybody else).
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Josquius

I'm dissapointed the Queen never sung the national anthem. She truly doesn't say God save me :(
██████
██████
██████

Valmy

Quote from: Barrister on April 29, 2011, 05:02:21 PM

Matilda of Normandy, Queen of England.  The Plantagenets took over after her.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Caliga

Quote from: Malthus on April 29, 2011, 03:15:09 PM
I can see you marrying a woman with huge ... tracts of land.  ;)
No, I'd marry for political reasons.  However, I'd fuck whoever the hell I wanted to.  I am Henry the Eighth, I am.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Caliga

Vicky caused England to become the biggest Empire in the world during her day
Did she herself actually have anything to do with it, or was it merely done in her name?

Also, don't call her Vicky.  We are not amused.

Eddie Teach

Britain prospered but the monarchy did not. Also, she had a place at the dinner table set for her dead husband for several decades. Hardly the mark of a badass.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Habbaku

Quote from: Valmy on April 29, 2011, 03:08:29 PM
Quote from: HVC on April 29, 2011, 03:04:00 PM
Feminists are gonna love that outcome hah

If they do have a daughter first the secession law will probably be changed.

:hmm:  What is the current secession law?
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Habbaku

Vicky caused England to become the biggest Empire in the world during her day

Really?  She went out and conquered all that shit herself?
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Caliga

Nah, she was too busy being conquered herself by a drunken Scotsman. :cool:

Neil

But I was more going for women rulers who were anything but pussies.  Vicky caused England to become the biggest Empire in the world during her day, and Liz I didn't take no guff from the Spanish (or anybody else).
I would say that Chatham, Pitt, Palmerston, Disraeli and Salisbury had a bit more to do with it than Victoria did, although some of them acted in her name.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Valmy

Quote from: Habbaku on April 29, 2011, 06:07:41 PM

Damnit the Mississippi thread got me mixed up :lol:
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Valmy

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on April 29, 2011, 05:57:31 PM
Britain prospered but the monarchy did not. Also, she had a place at the dinner table set for her dead husband for several decades. Hardly the mark of a badass.

There is nothing un-badass about loving your spouse :angry:

Drakken

Quote from: Habbaku on April 29, 2011, 06:07:41 PM

First son succeed, then daughters in absence of a son. And he or she has to be Anglican, no Papist allowed.

Drakken

Golda Meir certainly wasn't a pussy.

Catherine the Great, however, was a very big pussy. :perv: