News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Live Royal Wedding Coverage.

Started by jamesww, April 28, 2011, 05:42:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caliga

Oh right, I forgot the British aren't male-only in the line of succession. :blush:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

HVC

Quote from: Drakken on April 29, 2011, 02:02:33 PM
Quote from: Caliga on April 29, 2011, 01:59:23 PM
Well, I suspect Kate will be under enormous pressure to produce a son so that the issue will be rendered moot. :)

Hopefully she doesn't fail and go crazy like that Japanese chick.  :ph34r:

A daughter would do the deed as well, Harry would by bypassed by any scion of Kaylliam*.

*Just coined that one.
  :ph34r:
if they have a daughter first then a son, does the son superceed? i forget
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Valmy

Quote from: HVC on April 29, 2011, 02:15:44 PM

Yes.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Grey Fox

What I like is how the King of Norway is currently 68th in line for the Throne.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Caliga

I kind of wondered at one point several years ago:  If Prince William married Princess Victoria of Sweden, would the countries be united once they both had succeeded to their respective thrones? :hmm:

Valmy

Quote from: Caliga on April 29, 2011, 02:52:39 PM
I kind of wondered at one point several years ago:  If Prince William married Princess Victoria of Sweden, would the countries be united once they both had succeeded to their respective thrones? :hmm:

Only to the extent Canada and Australia and Great Britain are I presume.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Caliga

That sucks.  See what I mean?  Modern royalty are totally useless.  :rolleyes:

Valmy

Quote from: Caliga on April 29, 2011, 02:54:47 PM

Well certainly as a tool of Habsburgian empire building :P

Caliga

See, if I was a Prince, I would consider it my duty to marry specifically in order to enlarge my territory. :showoff:

Drakken

Quote from: Caliga on April 29, 2011, 02:52:39 PM

Both Parliaments would probably pass a law that makes sure the two countries remain separate, sovereignty and all that. Or, one would be forced to abdicate or renounce his or her claim - most probably the bride.

HVC

Quote from: Valmy on April 29, 2011, 02:17:23 PM
Quote from: HVC on April 29, 2011, 02:15:44 PM

Yes.
Feminists are gonna love that outcome hah
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Valmy

Quote from: HVC on April 29, 2011, 03:04:00 PM
Feminists are gonna love that outcome hah

If they do have a daughter first the secession law will probably be changed.

Barrister

Quote from: Caliga on April 29, 2011, 02:54:47 PM

Have you not played EU3? :rolleyes:

Sweden and the UK (and Australia, Canada,, etc) would be in a personal union - shared monarch, but separate countries.

Hell Scotland and England were in the same situation up until the Act of Union.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Valmy

Hey if they had let elder daughters inherit the crown in 1901 the Kaiser Wilhelm II's mother would have been Queen and a few months later Wilhelm would have united the crowns of Germany and Great Britain  :lol:

Malthus

Quote from: Caliga on April 29, 2011, 02:57:55 PM
See, if I was a Prince, I would consider it my duty to marry specifically in order to enlarge my territory. :showoff:

I can see you marrying a woman with huge ... tracts of land.  ;)
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius