News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

World Ending Tomorrow

Started by Eddie Teach, May 20, 2011, 11:23:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DontSayBanana

Actually, it was pretty widely talked about around here, but mostly we've all been cracking jokes about it.
Experience bij!

Solmyr

Sorry guys, it's 6pm here and no rapture.

Razgovory

Quote from: Solmyr on May 21, 2011, 10:06:01 AM

They really should have put a time zone in that.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Josquius

Quote from: jimmy olsen on May 21, 2011, 08:03:32 AM
Quote from: Tyr on May 21, 2011, 06:54:23 AM
...so either there's nobody devout east of India or its all rubbish.

I like the prank idea. Shame very few people around here would get it. Is it big news in the US- what with the people selling up and going mad and all that?
Lol, no.

I'm sure every other preacher in America quoted Matthew 24:36 last Sunday.
If every other preacher is talking about it then that would make it big news...
██████
██████
██████

Martinus

6 pm here and no rapture. I blame the Jews.

Josephus

Quote from: Solmyr on May 21, 2011, 10:06:01 AM

Just cause there's no righteous in your part of the world don't mean there's no rapture. I'm still 5 hours away from mine and I'm all set and ready to go. Packed sandwiches and everything, cause you never know if they'll feed you when you get there.
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Josephus

Quote from: Martinus on May 21, 2011, 11:26:54 AM

Are there any left in Poland?
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Habbaku

Quote from: Josephus on May 21, 2011, 11:51:09 AM

Are there any left in Poland?

No, they were Polish Raptured.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Razgovory

Yes, but it's still not 2011 in Poland.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

grumbler

The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

DGuller

DGuller

I woke up this morning to a really loud and shrieking alarm, like the kind I never heard. :o  It was what I imagine an air raid alarm would sound like if Russia sent ICBMs our way.  That was really scary, the thought of the end of the world crossed my mind.

Then I really woke up, and it turns that it was just my fire alarm acting up.

Liep

Volcano erupting on Iceland, surely it's a sign of the coming doom!
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Norgy

There's rapture in my pants.