We can get rid of 200 million fundies?

Suh-weeeet!
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Malthus

Quote from: alfred russel on May 20, 2011, 02:06:52 PM
Quote from: Grey Fox on May 20, 2011, 01:56:54 PM
200 millions? So we won't barely notice anyone is gone?

I thought the rapture idea as described in the bible was 12,000 from each of the 12 tribes of israel. Meaning this will be jews only, and limited to 144,000 people.

I may be wrong on that though.

Due to a translation error, it is in fact limited to 144,000 Jewish *lawyers*.  :D
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Barrister

Well, since something that was once so highly unlikely as the NHL returning to Winnipeg is coming true, maybe we are in the End Times... :unsure:
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

alfred russel

Quote from: DGuller on May 20, 2011, 02:01:06 PM
Quote from: Valmy on May 20, 2011, 01:57:53 PM

Besides the horrible earth shattering earthquake and rain of fire and all that we won't notice a thing.
:o  I hope this would fall under the Act of God clause, or it's going to be a bad day to be in insurance industry.

Not if you are in the business of adjusting claims.  :)

But for the insurance companies, they are doubly screwed. It will be a bad year for bonuses due to massive losses, but the existence of the christian god and impending judgment is probably worse news for the industry.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

alfred russel

Quote from: Malthus on May 20, 2011, 02:08:38 PM

I thought the rapture idea as described in the bible was 12,000 from each of the 12 tribes of israel. Meaning this will be jews only, and limited to 144,000 people.

Due to a translation error, it is in fact limited to 144,000 Jewish *lawyers*.  :D

Don't get cocky on us yet. You are still a longshot.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)

Viking

Every time the neo-millerites rear their ugly heads we get more atheists. It's good that this is being properly publicized.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Malthus

Quote from: alfred russel on May 20, 2011, 02:28:49 PM
Quote from: Malthus on May 20, 2011, 02:08:38 PM

Don't get cocky on us yet. You are still a longshot.

Frankly, I can't imagine an afterlife composed of nothing but lawyers would be all that much fun, anyway.
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Zanza2

Quote from: Malthus on May 20, 2011, 02:41:40 PMFrankly, I can't imagine an afterlife composed of nothing but lawyers would be all that much fun, anyway.
I think that's generally called "hell".

Josquius

Meh. It says it'll happen at 6 o'clock everywhere. If the morning news speaks of people vanishing over in Australia then that gives me all day to get down to the church and confess my sins.
God its great to be a catholic. Do whatever the hell you want and as long as you say sorry you're golden.
██████
██████
██████

alfred russel

Quote from: Tyr on May 20, 2011, 07:21:15 PM
Meh. It says it'll happen at 6 o'clock everywhere. If the morning news speaks of people vanishing over in Australia then that gives me all day to get down to the church and confess my sins.
God its great to be a catholic. Do whatever the hell you want and as long as you say sorry you're golden.

But...the people making the predictions aren't catholic. If it turns out they have they have the correct religion, you are probably toast.

Scipio

That's the JW version of the deal.  Apparently, the Rapture was cooked up by some teenaged Scottish bint in the 1830s; presumably, like most Gaels, she didn't like Jews, so they don't get raptured.
What I speak out of my mouth is the truth.  It burns like fire.
-Jose Canseco

There you go, giving a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck.
-Every cop, The Wire

"It is always good to be known for one's Krapp."
-John Hurt

alfred russel

Quote from: Scipio on May 20, 2011, 07:34:41 PM

That's the JW version of the deal.  Apparently, the Rapture was cooked up by some teenaged Scottish bint in the 1830s; presumably, like most Gaels, she didn't like Jews, so they don't get raptured.

What does JW mean?

Josephus

Isn't the rapture from the Revelations? Not sure who wrote that, but I'm pretty sure it wasn't a Scots.
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

jimmy olsen

Matthew
7:15 "Watch out for false prophets. They come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ferocious wolves."

24:11 and many false prophets will appear and deceive many people.

24:26 So if anyone tells you, 'There he is, out in the wilderness,' do not go out; or, 'Here he is, in the inner rooms,' do not believe it

24:36 "But about that day or hour no one knows, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father"
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Razgovory

Quote from: Josephus on May 20, 2011, 07:45:24 PM
Isn't the rapture from the Revelations? Not sure who wrote that, but I'm pretty sure it wasn't a Scots.

Some guy named John.  And I don't think it is.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017