News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

World Ending Tomorrow

Started by Eddie Teach, May 20, 2011, 11:23:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

JonasSalk

https://rt.com/usa/news/atheists-party-rapture/

QuoteAtheists across America are planning post-rapture parties in response to predictions by a fundamentalist Christian pastor who has predicted judgment day and the rapture will take place on May 21.

Evangelical broadcaster Harold Camping is convinces Jesus Christ will return on May 21 and the rapture will take all Christian home to heaven – leaving behind all non-believers. Not long after, he predicts, the world will end on October 21. The apocalypse is near!

"We learn from the Bible that Holy God plans to rescue about 200 million people," says Camping's Family Radio Worldwide network website. "On the first day of the Day of Judgment [May 21, 2011] they will be caught up [raptured] into Heaven because God had great mercy for them."

Those who are left behind by the rapture might have little to do, with the end of the world looming and all. So, they plan to party. Party hard!

In North Carolina atheists are planning a The Rapture After Party, already dubbed "the best damned party in NC."

A group of atheists plan to party of multiple days in the event the rapture takes place. If it does not, they will still party anyway.

"Though the absurdity of this claim is obvious to the majority of the world, it's a great opportunity to highlight some of the most bizarre beliefs often put forth by religious fundamentalists and raise awareness of the need for reason," said a statement on the website promoting the party.
Similar parties are popping up across the United States.

In Washington State atheists are planning a party called "countdown to back-pedaling." Other events are set for California, Texas, Florida and other regions.
Yuman

Josephus

aaah...so the world isn't going to end tomorrow after all; it's just the rapture tomorrow.
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Berkut

Who is the chick in the youtube vid? She is kinda cute.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

ulmont

Quote from: Josephus on May 20, 2011, 11:54:51 AM
aaah...so the world isn't going to end tomorrow after all; it's just the rapture tomorrow.

For a double bonus, it's going to be a rolling rapture starting at 6pm in each time zone...

QuoteThe Rapture is at 6 p.m. on May 21, 2011, where ever it's 6 p.m. first, with the "fantastically big" world-ending event taking place on a time zone by time zone basis.

That means we can expect the Rapture to start when it hits 6 p.m. at the International Dateline at 180 Longitude -- roughly the between Pago Pago, American Samoa, and Nuku'alofa, Tonga. We'll know it's Judgment Day because there will be an earthquake of previously unprecedented magnitude, Camping predicts.

So, according to these calculations, the Rapture will actually begin like a rolling brown out across the globe at 11 p.m. PST on Friday, May 20th. "Everyone will be weeping and wailing because they'll know in a few hours it'll come to their city," said Camping.
http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2011/05/the-rapture-is-not-saturday-its-tonight/239177/

DGuller

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Legbiter

Damn it, I was going to finish the witcher 2 this weekend.  :mad:
Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

Valmy

Quote from: Legbiter on May 20, 2011, 01:49:47 PM
Damn it, I was going to finish the witcher 2 this weekend.  :mad:

Don't worry you have until 6PM on Saturday.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Legbiter

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-13468131

QuoteAn atheist and entrepreneur from North Hampshire, Bart Centre, is enjoying a boost in business for Eternal Earth-bound Pets, which he set up to look after the pets of those who believe they will be raptured.

He has more than 250 clients who are paying up to $135 (£83) to have their pets picked up and cared for after the rapture.

They would be disappointed twice, he told the Wall Street Journal. "Once because they weren't raptured and again because I don't do refunds."

:lol:

Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

Grey Fox

200 millions? So we won't barely notice anyone is gone?
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Valmy

Quote from: Grey Fox on May 20, 2011, 01:56:54 PM

Besides the horrible earth shattering earthquake and rain of fire and all that we won't notice a thing.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

DGuller

Quote from: Valmy on May 20, 2011, 01:57:53 PM

Besides the horrible earth shattering earthquake and rain of fire and all that we won't notice a thing.
:o  I hope this would fall under the Act of God clause, or it's going to be a bad day to be in insurance industry.

alfred russel

I thought the rapture idea as described in the bible was 12,000 from each of the 12 tribes of israel. Meaning this will be jews only, and limited to 144,000 people.

I may be wrong on that though.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Malthus

Quote from: DGuller on May 20, 2011, 02:01:06 PM
Quote from: Valmy on May 20, 2011, 01:57:53 PM

:o  I hope this would fall under the Act of God clause, or it's going to be a bad day to be in insurance industry.

Heh, I wonder if insurance companies hire Calvinist theologians to argue that, in fact, *everything* is an "Act of God" ...  :D
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius