News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

World Ending Tomorrow

Started by Eddie Teach, May 20, 2011, 11:23:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MadImmortalMan

Quote from: Valmy on May 24, 2011, 11:36:10 AM
For people who take the Bible literally they sure see lots of stuff that is not literally in the text.

lol

Quote from: Matthew 24:36
No one knows when that day or hour will come - not the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father...

"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Valmy

Quote from: Octavian on May 24, 2011, 12:49:32 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on May 21, 2011, 04:06:07 PM
I'm beginning to wonder which is worse, the suckers who believed this shit and spent their life savings or the utter doucheiness of the atheists on the internet.

So far, the atheists are winning.
:yes:

Amazing that people on the internet would say more douchey things than people quoted in news articles.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Valmy

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on May 24, 2011, 01:21:47 PM
Quote from: Valmy on May 24, 2011, 11:36:10 AM
For people who take the Bible literally they sure see lots of stuff that is not literally in the text.
lol
Quote from: Matthew 24:36
No one knows when that day or hour will come - not the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father...

Yep.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Caliga

Quote from: Caliga 1:1
There will never be a rapture.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

DGuller

HisMajestyBOB

Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Caliga

Quote from: HisMajestyBOB on May 24, 2011, 02:59:32 PM
Quote from: Caliga on May 24, 2011, 02:37:10 PM
Bigger boobs = better boobs.

FYP
I was going to follow my first post up with one about boobs, but I got pulled into a meeting at work.  FUCKING WORK, CRAMPING MY STYLE. :mad:

viper37

It's reported for October 21st.  Don't plan anything for this week-end.

Last week-end was just the spiritual end of the world.  God has made his choice, who will be saved, who will be left to die an horrible death wandering the earth for 6 months until it's completely destroyed.

On October 21st, the just will rise.  So say we all!

http://hken.ibtimes.com/articles/151332/20110525/new-doomsday-prediction-harold-camping-maya.htm
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Siege

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"

viper37

Quote from: Siege on May 24, 2011, 06:32:26 PM
Can I be a cowboy?
Depends.  Your faith seems awfully restrictive.  Are you sure you're allowed to be a cowboy?  I think you should ask a Rabbi if you can be a cowboy on October 21st, when Judgement Day comes, if that's allowed by God.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Monoriu

Quote from: Caliga on May 24, 2011, 02:37:10 PM
There will never be a rapture.

I disagree.  Or at least, wikipedia disagrees :contract:

QuoteThe Sun does not have enough mass to explode as a supernova. Instead, in about 5 billion years, it will enter a red giant phase, its outer layers expanding as the hydrogen fuel in the core is consumed and the core contracts and heats up. Helium fusion will begin when the core temperature reaches around 100 million K and will produce carbon, entering the asymptotic giant branch phase.[29]

Life-cycle of the Sun; sizes are not drawn to scale.Earth's fate is precarious. As a red giant, the Sun will have a maximum radius beyond the Earth's current orbit, 1 AU (1.5×1011 m), 250 times the present radius of the Sun.[93] However, by the time it is an asymptotic giant branch star, the Sun will have lost roughly 30% of its present mass due to a stellar wind, so the orbits of the planets will move outward. If it were only for this, Earth would probably be spared, but new research suggests that Earth will be swallowed by the Sun owing to tidal interactions.[93] Even if Earth would escape incineration in the Sun, still all its water will be boiled away and most of its atmosphere would escape into space. Even during its current life in the main sequence, the Sun is gradually becoming more luminous (about 10% every 1 billion years), and its surface temperature is slowly rising. The Sun used to be fainter in the past, which is possibly the reason life on Earth has only existed for about 1 billion years on land. The increase in solar temperatures is such that in about another billion years the surface of the Earth will likely become too hot for liquid water to exist, ending all terrestrial life.[93][94]

Following the red giant phase, intense thermal pulsations will cause the Sun to throw off its outer layers, forming a planetary nebula. The only object that will remain after the outer layers are ejected is the extremely hot stellar core, which will slowly cool and fade as a white dwarf over many billions of years. This stellar evolution scenario is typical of low- to medium-mass stars.[95][96]

Razgovory

I don't think Mono understand what the word "Rapture" means in Dispensationalist religious doctrines.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Caliga

Yeah, that's not a rapture, Mono.  A rapture is when God decides to bring all the good people to heaven, and they sort of all magically disappear at once.  The people left on earth following this get their asses kicked mercilessly until the Earth is destroyed.  Oh btw don't forget that God is a loving and merciful being. :)

Valmy

Quote from: Monoriu on May 24, 2011, 10:35:08 PM
I disagree.  Or at least, wikipedia disagrees :contract:

Despite the title of this thread the Rapture is not simply just the world ending.  It is a specific interpretation of 1 Thessalonians 4:16,17

QuoteFor the Lord himself will come down from heaven, with a loud command, with the voice of the archangel and with the trumpet call of God, and the dead in Christ will rise first.  After that, we who are still alive and are left will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And so we will be with the Lord forever.

So all the believers who are dead and those still alive will meet God somewhere in the Troposphere and live with God forever.  It does not really say what happens to all you heathens but people seem pretty sure it will be really bad shit man.