News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Race and Korea

Started by jimmy olsen, May 18, 2011, 10:56:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jacob

How long did you have to stay in Korea before you twigged on the racism thing?

Zoupa

I can barely get the racist vibe in the 1st vid. What's racist in the second one? I dont get it.

The Brain

Quote from: Syt on May 19, 2011, 12:23:29 AM
I dunno, if that video is racist, then Swedish Rednex is, too, for mocking the rural South.

Er, except that Rednex capture the soul of America.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Tonitrus

Weird, yes.  Racist, nah.

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Jacob on May 19, 2011, 12:26:42 AM
If you're out and about you catch on pretty quick given people's reactions. It's significantly better for whites than blacks, though it's still there.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Slargos

First looks like a parody. Is it serious?

Slargos

Naw. That's not racist.

Let me clue you back in.

Racist:

Not racist:

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Slargos on May 19, 2011, 01:59:28 AM
I and people I know have been asked questions in complete serious far more ridiculous than that video. They were probably seriously trying to celebrate the diversity of Itaewon, which makes it worse in my opinion. If this what your friends think of you, what about your enemies? 
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
1 Karma Chameleon point

Eddie Teach

Slargos, even that one is questionable. I mean there's nothing wrong with loving watermelon. ;)
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Syt

Quote from: jimmy olsen on May 19, 2011, 01:16:26 AM
If you're out and about you catch on pretty quick given people's reactions. It's significantly better for whites than blacks, though it's still there.

You should use your exotic-ness and mystique to score Korean poon.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Syt on May 19, 2011, 02:12:21 AM

Exoticness mostly works against you here. I didn't pick the 1950s for nothing when describing the social scene. On the surface at least Korean women are very conservative and most wouldn't touch a foreigner like that. Another problem is most women still live with their parents and have a curfew until they're married.

1 Karma Chameleon point

Slargos

Quote from: jimmy olsen on May 19, 2011, 02:09:19 AM
Quote from: Slargos on May 19, 2011, 01:59:28 AM
I and people I know have been asked questions in complete serious far more ridiculous than that video. They were probably seriously trying to celebrate the diversity of Itaewon, which makes it worse in my opinion. If this what your friends think of you, what about your enemies?

You AmeriKKKans have simply become inured with PC and so ironically you see racism everywhere.

Maybe they don't make fun of him because he's black, but because he's an American soldier.

DID YOU CONSIDER THAT?

Slargos

Quote from: jimmy olsen on May 19, 2011, 02:17:42 AM
Quote from: Syt on May 19, 2011, 02:12:21 AM

Exoticness mostly works against you here. I didn't pick the 1950s for nothing when describing the social scene. On the surface at least Korean women are very conservative and most wouldn't touch a foreigner like that. Another problem is most women still live with their parents and have a curfew until they're married.

Failing your exoticness, you can always just use your wallet you prude fuck.

Josquius

I don't get it.
Why do they have some African dude slowly asking about nam san tower?
And is it just me or does the song start with the guy saying 'Jesus milk'?

QuoteExoticness mostly works against you here. I didn't pick the 1950s for nothing when describing the social scene. On the surface at least Korean women are very conservative and most wouldn't touch a foreigner like that. Another problem is most women still live with their parents and have a curfew until they're married.
No, exoticness mostly works against YOU there. :P
I have heard Korea is a good place to get girls for western folk...however folk who couldn't get anything at home aren't going to magically turn into chick magnets in Asia. Still have to try a bit.
██████
██████
██████

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Tyr on May 19, 2011, 05:12:46 AM
I don't get it.
Why do they have some African dude slowly asking about nam san tower?
And is it just me or does the song start with the guy saying 'Jesus milk'?

QuoteExoticness mostly works against you here. I didn't pick the 1950s for nothing when describing the social scene. On the surface at least Korean women are very conservative and most wouldn't touch a foreigner like that. Another problem is most women still live with their parents and have a curfew until they're married.
No, exoticness mostly works against YOU there. :P
I have heard Korea is a good place to get girls for western folk...however folk who couldn't get anything at home aren't going to magically turn into chick magnets in Asia. Still have to try a bit.
I know a couple of dozen guys well here. Only one has had a serious korean girlfriend and he was manwhore back home with dozens of notches in his belt. And it still took him six whole months to figure them out and get a date with a Korean. Almost all of the guys I know here have simply given up and just date the foreign girls.  Some of them had great success in Japan but nothing here.

1 Karma Chameleon point