And we're back!

Main Menu

Race and Korea

Started by jimmy olsen, May 18, 2011, 10:56:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ideologue

I liked the choreography.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Richard Hakluyt

Quote from: Admiral Yi on May 20, 2011, 09:21:00 AM
Quote from: dps on May 19, 2011, 05:54:01 PM
Actually, I think that you've just bought too much into the teacher unions' propoganda about how poorly teachers are paid.

That, and a teacher's salary looks very different if you're living in NY and SF than if you're living in flyover country.

It's more or less a national pay scale here in the UK. So a teacher might make £35k in London (rather poor) and maybe £30k in a place like county Durham (rather good). In a depressed town like my hometown they would be close to the top of the tree.

Razgovory

I know many teachers in my school district had a hard time making ends meet.  The band teacher had a second job as a fast food joint.  Probably a clever ruse by the Teacher's Union.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

jimmy olsen

Quote from: HisMajestyBOB on May 22, 2011, 03:00:49 PM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on May 19, 2011, 05:28:53 AM
Quote from: Tyr on May 19, 2011, 05:12:46 AM
I don't get it.
Why do they have some African dude slowly asking about nam san tower?
And is it just me or does the song start with the guy saying 'Jesus milk'?

QuoteExoticness mostly works against you here. I didn't pick the 1950s for nothing when describing the social scene. On the surface at least Korean women are very conservative and most wouldn't touch a foreigner like that. Another problem is most women still live with their parents and have a curfew until they're married.
No, exoticness mostly works against YOU there. :P
I have heard Korea is a good place to get girls for western folk...however folk who couldn't get anything at home aren't going to magically turn into chick magnets in Asia. Still have to try a bit.
I know a couple of dozen guys well here. Only one has had a serious korean girlfriend and he was manwhore back home with dozens of notches in his belt. And it still took him six whole months to figure them out and get a date with a Korean. Almost all of the guys I know here have simply given up and just date the foreign girls.  Some of them had great success in Japan but nothing here.

You didn't know me well? :(
I dated some Korean girls while I was there. But then, I'm devilishly handsome.  :cool:
Weren't you dating a Mongolian girl?
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Siege

Its only racist if you are making fun of arabs.

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"

HisMajestyBOB

Quote from: Zoupa on May 22, 2011, 03:16:49 PM
http://youtu.be/69OeMHN90m8

Seedy, Ide, you're welcome. That's all I have to say about South Korea.  :sleep:

I've always preferred Girls Generation
Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

HisMajestyBOB

Quote from: jimmy olsen on May 22, 2011, 05:58:01 PM
I don't get it.

QuoteExoticness mostly works against you here. I didn't pick the 1950s for nothing when describing the social scene. On the surface at least Korean women are very conservative and most wouldn't touch a foreigner like that. Another problem is most women still live with their parents and have a curfew until they're married.
I have heard Korea is a good place to get girls for western folk...however folk who couldn't get anything at home aren't going to magically turn into chick magnets in Asia. Still have to try a bit.
I know a couple of dozen guys well here. Only one has had a serious korean girlfriend and he was manwhore back home with dozens of notches in his belt. And it still took him six whole months to figure them out and get a date with a Korean. Almost all of the guys I know here have simply given up and just date the foreign girls.  Some of them had great success in Japan but nothing here.

I dated some Korean girls while I was there. But then, I'm devilishly handsome.  :cool:

I dated a Mongolian girl and I dated a couple of Korean girls. One for about 2 and a half months.
Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

jimmy olsen

Quote from: HisMajestyBOB on May 22, 2011, 09:01:45 PM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on May 22, 2011, 05:58:01 PM
I don't get it.

I dated a Mongolian girl and I dated a couple of Korean girls. One for about 2 and a half months.
You lived in a city with 3 million people, I live in a country town with 20k, not exactly as favorable an environment.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point