News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Witcher 2

Started by Scipio, May 16, 2011, 07:05:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Josquius

Quote from: Scipio on May 17, 2011, 07:07:54 AM

Grumbler, ME2 is really far superior to the first one, in plot, characterization, and combat.

Incorrect
██████
██████
██████

Lucidor

Did they do more than ten models for the other people you meet in the game?

Scipio

Quote from: Lucidor on May 17, 2011, 08:27:06 AM
Did they do more than ten models for the other people you meet in the game?
Supposedly.

They ditched the fighting styles, though, and the tiered skill progression.
What I speak out of my mouth is the truth.  It burns like fire.
-Jose Canseco

There you go, giving a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck.
-Every cop, The Wire

"It is always good to be known for one's Krapp."
-John Hurt

Tamas

grumbler, ME2 is one of the best RPGs I have played on the computer. They have created a great sci-fi setting, and the NPCs, plus the various small and large alternatives the story can get are great. (there are like 700 sub-plots taken over from ME1, ie. the decisions you made with your ME1 character influences ME2 story and NPCs in a LOT of ways)

Caliga

What was the Witcher's name again?  Geraldo or something, right? :hmm:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

JonasSalk

Yuman

Caliga

That sounds right, thx. :cool:

JonasSalk

Somebody needs to photoshop Geraldo and Geralt together.
Yuman

grumbler

Quote from: Tamas on May 17, 2011, 08:42:53 AM
grumbler, ME2 is one of the best RPGs I have played on the computer. They have created a great sci-fi setting, and the NPCs, plus the various small and large alternatives the story can get are great. (there are like 700 sub-plots taken over from ME1, ie. the decisions you made with your ME1 character influences ME2 story and NPCs in a LOT of ways)
Since you and Scip agree on this, I will have to change my mind.  I'll keep an eye out for the sales.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Legbiter

Quote from: Tamas on May 17, 2011, 08:42:53 AM

This.

Oh, and I broke down and got the new Witcher as well. Firing it up now.
Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

Caliga

I agree on ME2.  I think it's probably the best action RPG of all time.

Scipio

Witcher 2 is OSSUM graphically.  Combat is very action clicky, sort of Soul Calibur-esque or even Tomb Raidery (lots of roll dodging all over the place).  Parrying and riposting is quite difficult.  Much easier for well-timed single shot take downs, both for you and the enemies.  Ouch.
What I speak out of my mouth is the truth.  It burns like fire.
-Jose Canseco

There you go, giving a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck.
-Every cop, The Wire

"It is always good to be known for one's Krapp."
-John Hurt

Razgovory

I'll wait a while.  The first one was fun, but I ended up hating Whitcher Gerry.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Legbiter

The dragon in the prologue is kicking my ass, I can deal with the soldiers well enough but after clearing the first group that overgrown lizard roasts me every time.

Legbiter

I must say that the tutorial section of the game is the worst I have ever seen. I've lost count of how many times I've died, I wonder what the regular game will be like?  :huh: