News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Witcher 2

Started by Scipio, May 16, 2011, 07:05:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scipio

Quote from: Legbiter on May 17, 2011, 07:23:37 PM
I must say that the tutorial section of the game is the worst I have ever seen. I've lost count of how many times I've died, I wonder what the regular game will be like?  :huh:
Apparently, it gets easier.  Once I got the parry skill, it made my life easier, that's for sure.  The combat is bitch-ass hard, though.  Even on normal.
What I speak out of my mouth is the truth.  It burns like fire.
-Jose Canseco

There you go, giving a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck.
-Every cop, The Wire

"It is always good to be known for one's Krapp."
-John Hurt

Legbiter

Well, made it to chapter 1. Combat is easier than in the tutorial.  :lol: But unless you're using potions and the correct signs along with alot of diving around you'll get slaughtered. The graphics may be the best I've ever seen in an RPG, ever. The voice acting is very good and the theme is relentlessly mature which I like. The story is OSSUM and the main baddie from what I can tell from the beginning of chapter 1 is quite interesting and may even have the right idea. :hmm:
Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

Syt

I like ME1 & 2 for different reasons.

ME1 is the epic sci-fi movie in polished 1980s high-tech style. Glossy and immersive space opera.

ME2 is the grittier 1990s tv series spin off. It's darker, more action oriented. It's also a lot more episodic than ME1. Most cookie cutter sidequests have been replaced by fewer but more intricate quests, especially for your crew members. Some have complained that the plot is much less epic than ME1, which rings true, but the story told is nevertheless cool and you meet some very interesting characters and will have to make some tough choices. The add on missions are the icing on the cake.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

sbr

I enjoyed playing ME1 more than ME2 but I do understand ME2 is probably the better game.

Scipio

The difficulty curve takes a huge dive in Chapter 1, chiefly because not every quest is of the 'kill every motherfucker in the room' variety.  Also, upgrading equipment is hella easier than in Witcher 1.
-Jose Canseco

-Every cop, The Wire

-John Hurt

Caliga

The first game had kind of a strange feel to me... maybe something was lost in translation.  I don't know if I can exactly articulate what I mean, and I wish I could because I would like to know if that certain something is still present in the sequel.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Scipio

It's quite immersive.  I've enjoyed it a lot more than the first one, except for the difficulty curve, which is just a bitch.
-Jose Canseco

-Every cop, The Wire

-John Hurt

Josquius

I've decided to get it. The first was just that awesome.
And I really must read the books sometime.
██████
██████
██████

Josquius

I note you can import W1 saves- what do you get for this?
Mine are all on my old computer...if they still exist at all. Dunno if I can be bothered to set it up just to get them.
Anyone know of anywhere a W1 save can be downloaded with my choices or...a way to make it have my choices in the game or something?
██████
██████
██████

Legbiter

'K so yeah the Kayran: kicking my ass on easy.  :Embarrass: I can lop off 2 tentacles with the Yrden sign but then it's game over.

Legbiter

Nevermind, got it sorted out, take out the left tentacles, then take out the rightmost tentacles.

Scipio

-Jose Canseco

-Every cop, The Wire

-John Hurt

Josquius

I watched them the first time though. Maybe there woudl be an intro video?
██████
██████
██████

Legbiter

Just finished it. I ended up letting so-and-so walk away after talking to him. Seemed kinda pointless to kill him at that stage.