News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Witcher 2

Started by Scipio, May 16, 2011, 07:05:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

grumbler

Quote from: Martinus on May 28, 2011, 02:52:30 AM
Incidentally, it beats the living hell out of me why they titled it "Assassins of Kings" and not "Kingslayers" or "Regicides". Probably couldn't afford a thesaurus.
Probably because they understood English better than you.  "Assassins of Kings" means something different than "Kingslayers" or "Regicides."
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Martinus

It's coming to Sexbox in Autumn.  :cool:

Legbiter

Quote from: Martinus on June 03, 2011, 04:17:23 PM

Wait, you're not experiencing Poland's greatest gift to civilization because you're waiting for it to be out on some shitty console?  :wacko:

Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

Martinus

Quote from: Legbiter on June 03, 2011, 06:33:52 PM

Wait, you're not experiencing Poland's greatest gift to civilization because you're waiting for it to be out on some shitty console?  :wacko:

I don't have a Windows machine, you tard.

Caliga

So do you get to have sex with lots of hot chicks you've just met in the sequel?
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Josquius

Not so much so far (not started act 2 yet)
██████
██████
██████

Josquius

██████
██████
██████

Caliga

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Cecil

Quote from: Tyr on June 09, 2011, 12:03:30 PM
Amusing review:
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/zero-punctuation/3443-The-Witcher-2-Assassins-of-Kings

Not so much no. Yes the prologue was hard and barely explained basic concepts but regarding the rest it just reinforced my position that he is a casual gaming consolescrub although usually a humourous one.

Grey Fox

Quote from: Caliga on June 04, 2011, 05:53:40 AM
So do you get to have sex with lots of hot chicks you've just met in the sequel?

In the first town there's a brothel. My Geralt had sex with most of them. Altho, that's not cheap.

I think some elf is waiting for me to fuck her. That or it's an ambush.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Grey Fox

Quote from: Cecil on June 09, 2011, 03:10:16 PM
Amusing review:
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/zero-punctuation/3443-The-Witcher-2-Assassins-of-Kings

Not so much no. Yes the prologue was hard and barely explained basic concepts but regarding the rest it just reinforced my position that he is a casual gaming consolescrub although usually a humourous one.

Truth hurts doesn't it?
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Barrister

Quote from: Martinus on June 04, 2011, 01:25:20 AM
Quote from: Legbiter on June 03, 2011, 06:33:52 PM

I don't have a Windows machine, you tard.

Bootcamp. :contract:
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Cecil

Quote from: Grey Fox on June 09, 2011, 03:35:25 PM
Quote from: Cecil on June 09, 2011, 03:10:16 PM
Amusing review:

Truth hurts doesn't it?

Often it does but what does that have to do with the review?

Tamas

So when Witcher 1 was cheapo on GOG recently I bought it and finished it. Altough I went with the nazi route, I did piss off the witch chick when I gave the psych kid to the healer gal.
I remember some conversation with Shani later that Geralt could never marry her.

So I launch Witcher 2 (thank you game, for thinking my comp can run it in Ultra - it can't), load my last save from part one, and when waking up in the tent its the witch beside me.
Is this only because I had the nazi ending, or the game has more start points?

Josquius

No, Shani never appears in two.
Very little is carried over. Its quite lazy in places even, for instance the princess- if you save her she isnt' there as a convient heir to Foltest...she's mentioned as being away married to some foreign king.
You'd think maybe there'd be an attempt by him to claim the throne or somesuch?
And then if you read a book about her you see that it says the Witcher killed her. Clearly that is the canon option and there are no other alternatives.

And heh, I have the opposite problem with its performance detecting, it thinks my computer can only manage very low when in fact it can manage it pretty high.
██████
██████
██████