News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Witcher 2

Started by Scipio, May 16, 2011, 07:05:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scipio

Quote from: Legbiter on May 24, 2011, 04:24:03 PM
Just finished it. I ended up letting so-and-so walk away after talking to him. Seemed kinda pointless to kill him at that stage.
Dude.  You fucking cruised.
What I speak out of my mouth is the truth.  It burns like fire.
-Jose Canseco

There you go, giving a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck.
-Every cop, The Wire

"It is always good to be known for one's Krapp."
-John Hurt

Legbiter

Quote from: Scipio on May 24, 2011, 04:43:57 PM
Just finished it. I ended up letting so-and-so walk away after talking to him. Seemed kinda pointless to kill him at that stage.

Didn't seem right to kill him, he and Geralt weren't even enemies per se and he answered all of Geralt's questions.  :hmm: Henselt and Síle on the other hand were....less fortunate :mad:

Anyways I went with Roche on this playthrough but apparently that means I've only played half the game. Gonna check out Iorveth next time. Who'd you go with this playthrough?
Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

Kleves

My aim, then, was to whip the rebels, to humble their pride, to follow them to their inmost recesses, and make them fear and dread us. Fear is the beginning of wisdom.

Scipio

Quote from: Legbiter on May 24, 2011, 05:29:49 PM
Quote from: Scipio on May 24, 2011, 04:43:57 PM

Didn't seem right to kill him, he and Geralt weren't even enemies per se and he answered all of Geralt's questions.  :hmm: Henselt and Síle on the other hand were....less fortunate :mad:

Anyways I went with Roche on this playthrough but apparently that means I've only played half the game. Gonna check out Iorveth next time. Who'd you go with this playthrough?
Not even to that point yet.  I got about 1/3 of the way through Flotsam, and I decided to go back and finish up the first game (which I've never finished).  First game still looks pretty decent, graphics wise, and I really prefer the combat, I think.  Otherwise, 2d game is so far superior I can't even compare the two.
What I speak out of my mouth is the truth.  It burns like fire.
-Jose Canseco

There you go, giving a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck.
-Every cop, The Wire

"It is always good to be known for one's Krapp."
-John Hurt

Grey Fox

WTF is this crap. I can't remap WASD to the Arrow keys.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Josquius

I'm at the end of act 1 and  I missed two sidequests which seem quite important :(
Didn't know the blue stripes were even there....
Trying to decide whether go back and star tfrom a earlier save...the fight with the witcher dude was hard enough....
██████
██████
██████

Grey Fox

Since I couldn't remap the WASD keys, I decided to bite the bullet and play the game with my Xbox 360 Controller. Works fine so far.

Damn game is really damn Hard. I'm in the Monastery part of the Prologue.

Geralt should be able to bash doors in. "It's locked" crap, is really fucking crap.

sbr

Quote from: Grey Fox on May 26, 2011, 12:16:59 PM
Since I couldn't remap the WASD keys, I decided to bite the bullet and play the game with my Xbox 360 Controller. Works fine so far.

Geralt should be able to bash doors in. "It's locked" crap, is really fucking crap.

Why you trying to remap, left handed?

Grey Fox

Quote from: sbr on May 26, 2011, 11:07:38 PM
Quote from: Grey Fox on May 26, 2011, 12:16:59 PM

Why you trying to remap, left handed?

Yes. I couldn't even remap it to IJKL.

Grey Fox

Patch 1.1 is out. The game is now completely DRM free. That's pretty awesome.

http://en.thewitcher.com/patch/

Martinus

Quote from: Caliga on May 17, 2011, 12:07:40 PM
What was the Witcher's name again?  Geraldo or something, right? :hmm:

Geralt of Rivia

Martinus

Quote from: Caliga on May 18, 2011, 08:34:06 AM
The first game had kind of a strange feel to me... maybe something was lost in translation.  I don't know if I can exactly articulate what I mean, and I wish I could because I would like to know if that certain something is still present in the sequel.

I think it suffered from a very bad translation into English from what I heard. A lot of dialogues were cut out/simplified until the "fan translation came out".

Martinus

Incidentally, it beats the living hell out of me why they titled it "Assassins of Kings" and not "Kingslayers" or "Regicides". Probably couldn't afford a thesaurus.

Josquius

Assassins of Kings has a better ring I think. Long subtitles sound...grander.
Witcher 2: Regicide sounds very common. Like Mortal Kombat: Annihilation
██████
██████
██████

Solmyr

Quote from: Martinus on May 28, 2011, 02:48:06 AM
Quote from: Caliga on May 18, 2011, 08:34:06 AM
The first game had kind of a strange feel to me... maybe something was lost in translation.  I don't know if I can exactly articulate what I mean, and I wish I could because I would like to know if that certain something is still present in the sequel.

I think it suffered from a very bad translation into English from what I heard. A lot of dialogues were cut out/simplified until the "fan translation came out".

The first one had an extended edition that had better and uncut dialogue translations. I'm sure this one will get something similar.