And we're back!

Main Menu

Witcher 2

Started by Scipio, May 16, 2011, 07:05:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scipio

Preordered and preloaded.

Anyone else suckered into it?
What I speak out of my mouth is the truth.  It burns like fire.
-Jose Canseco

There you go, giving a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck.
-Every cop, The Wire

"It is always good to be known for one's Krapp."
-John Hurt

Josquius

When's it out?
I'm looking forward to it.
██████
██████
██████

Martinus

Have you guys read the books? The novel (tetralogy?) is so-so, but his short stories are awesome. I wonder how they hold up in translation.

Martinus

Quote from: Tyr on May 16, 2011, 07:23:36 AM
When's it out?
I'm looking forward to it.

There is a midnight premiere in Warsaw tonight. I'm almost considering getting the bootcamp installed on the iMac I'm planning to buy, just so I can play it.

Legbiter

Wait, what it's out tomorrow?
Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

JonasSalk

I got most of the way through the first one, but never beat it. I enjoyed it, though. Might get this one when the price goes down.
Yuman

Josquius

Quote from: Martinus on May 16, 2011, 07:24:38 AM
Have you guys read the books? The novel (tetralogy?) is so-so, but his short stories are awesome. I wonder how they hold up in translation.
Planned to back when I played the first one (well, translations anyway), never got around to it though.
Tried watching the TV series and lolled at the production values.
██████
██████
██████

garbon

I could never get myself to play beyond the first scene of part 1. :blush: -_-
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

JonasSalk

There was a TV series? Fuck's sake.
Yuman

ulmont

Quote from: Martinus on May 16, 2011, 07:24:38 AM

Not well.  I read The Last Wish and was not impressed.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Last_Wish_%28book%29

Martinus

The tv series/movie were very bad. The books are much better.

sbr

I didn't care for the first one a whole lot though I may give it a try again at some point.  Like any other game, I wouldn't get The Witcher 2 until it is 50% off or better, so not any time soon.

Monoriu

I finished Witcher 1.  Despite the relatively weak graphics and small world, somehow the game was quite addictive.  I think I'm going to give Witcher 2 a go.

grumbler

I enjoyed the Witcher, but think I am gonna pass one the sequel.  Rather like Mass Effect, I enjoyed what the first installment had to offer, without feeling like i needed any more once I finished the first go-round.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Scipio

Stupid pre-download corrupted.  Have to redownload.  Sigh.

Also, combat appears to be more action-oriented.  Sigh.

Grumbler, ME2 is really far superior to the first one, in plot, characterization, and combat.
What I speak out of my mouth is the truth.  It burns like fire.
-Jose Canseco

There you go, giving a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck.
-Every cop, The Wire

"It is always good to be known for one's Krapp."
-John Hurt