News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

No Huckabee in 2012

Started by sbr, May 15, 2011, 11:45:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sbr

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/us-election/8514961/Mike-Huckabee-rules-himself-out-of-presidential-race.html

QuoteMike Huckabee rules himself out of presidential race

Mike Huckabee, a potential front-runner in 2012 Republican primary campaign, has ruled himself out of the race, declaring that he would stick with his lucrative career as a broadcaster and paid speaker.

The former Arkansas governor came second to Senator John McCain in the 2008 primary, and was expected to make another strong showing based on his popularity among Christian conservatives.

But an intense period of speculation, Mr Huckabee announced his decision on his Fox Television show, the centrepiece of the enterprises he has developed since shooting to national prominence three years ago.

"All the factors say go, but my heart says no," he said.

Had he chosen to run, Mr Huckabee would have been forced to give up all outside earnings. Apart from the Fox show, he hosts a nationally syndicated radio programme, gives paid speeches around the country and has launched a series of animated videos for children on American history.

The one-time Baptist preacher has made no secret of enjoying unprecedented wealth, which he has used in part to build a £2 million beachfront home in Florida. He had also at times expressed dread at the numerous debates and fund-raising events that presidential candidates have to attend.

His withdrawal underlined that underlined that for all of President Barack Obama's vulnerabilities on the economy, taking on his re-election machine and potential £650 million treasure chest remains a daunting task.

His decision will leave a gap in the race for social conservative candidates such as Representative Michele Bachmann and Sarah Palin, the former Alaska governor.

Hopefully this will open the door for one of the crazies to get the GOP nomination.

Habbaku

Huckabee was one of the crazies.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

alfred russel

Quote"All the factors say go, but my heart says no," he said.

He is ripping off Christina Aguilera.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kIDWgqDBNXA
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

alfred russel

Quote from: Habbaku on May 15, 2011, 11:49:44 AM
Huckabee was one of the crazies.

He ran on abolishing the income tax.  :yes:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Valmy

Oh good he was the only true douchebag who had a chance of winning.  I hope he enjoys his bag of silver he sold the Christian Conservatives for. :yeah:
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

CountDeMoney

Boo hoo.  One less guy Mitt Romney can finish behind.

JonasSalk

Hallelujah, now all the Christian crazies can go for Santorum.

OH SHI-
Yuman

Scipio

One snake-oil salesman down, thousands to go.  No preacher should ever be in politics.
What I speak out of my mouth is the truth.  It burns like fire.
-Jose Canseco

There you go, giving a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck.
-Every cop, The Wire

"It is always good to be known for one's Krapp."
-John Hurt

Neil

Quote from: Valmy on May 15, 2011, 12:18:30 PM
Oh good he was the only true douchebag who had a chance of winning.  I hope he enjoys his bag of silver he sold the Christian Conservatives for. :yeah:
The fact that he was willing to do that just proves that he was one of us.  Is there any virtue that Western society prizes above unbridled selfishness?
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Eddie Teach

The fact that he paid for his beach house in pounds should be enough to disqualify him.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Admiral Yi

jimmy olsen

Romney's virtually a lock now I think.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

katmai

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

CountDeMoney