News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Recruiting New Languishites ?

Started by jamesww, April 01, 2011, 04:05:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Josquius

At the least should be a 'who the fuck are you' warning. We seem hostile to newbies but we're really not.
██████
██████
██████

BuddhaRhubarb

you probably should. the next time this place dies we will lose more, some of us may even leave before then.
:p

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Caliga on April 13, 2011, 12:38:30 PM
Why do you talk about yourself in the third person mongers? :huh:

If Bob Dole wants peanut butter, Bob Dole will take it!
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

garbon

Quote from: BuddhaRhubarb on April 13, 2011, 12:52:27 PM
you probably should. the next time this place dies we will lose more, some of us may even leave before then.

Are you sure about that? Our "nuclei" of posters don't seem to be leaving when the board crashes.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

KRonn

NEW People??   :unsure:

I'm afraid... be very afraid!    ;)

Sure, invite them in. The worst that can happen is if they don't like it here, then they'll severely mock you, and ostracize you as their friend!  :cool: 

Eddie Teach

Quote from: garbon on April 13, 2011, 01:44:51 PM

Are you sure about that? Our "nuclei" of posters don't seem to be leaving when the board crashes.

That nuclei has been shrinking for years. And the effect is magnified the smaller the board gets. It's not just the loss of the poster that left, but reduced activity from other posters who interacted with that poster regularly.

garbon

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on April 13, 2011, 02:22:54 PM
Quote from: garbon on April 13, 2011, 01:44:51 PM

That nuclei has been shrinking for years. And the effect is magnified the smaller the board gets. It's not just the loss of the poster that left, but reduced activity from other posters who interacted with that poster regularly.

Sure but I don't think board crashes really have much to do with it.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Eddie Teach

There were several that took the opportunity to leave when the old board crashed. A few popped in later(but not for long).

There's always a danger when a lengthy enforced hiatus occurs that some will realize they don't really miss the place.

jamesww

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on April 13, 2011, 02:42:45 PM
There were several that took the opportunity to leave when the old board crashed. A few popped in later(but not for long).

There's always a danger when a lengthy enforced hiatus occurs that some will realize they don't really miss the place.

This is my concern.

garbon

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on April 13, 2011, 02:42:45 PM

Who? :unsure:

Besides, we should be happy for them :)

jamesww

So the last 34 people to register with languish have made a total of .... 83 posts, 53 of which were from  Count and Zanza's replacement accounts.   :hmm:

jamesww

Ok, so all of my efforts came to naught; I think I managed a to persuade a mate to read the Ed Anger/CCR lawnmower/mancave thread and thats about it.   :hmm:

The Brain

Humans aren't very intelligent but many have a reptilian awareness of what's bad for them.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.