News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Recruiting New Languishites ?

Started by jamesww, April 01, 2011, 04:05:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grallon

Quote from: jamesww on April 01, 2011, 04:05:15 PM

Recently its got a bit narrower in the topics posted and the man, some peoples shtick is getting formulaic.

So is it worth inviting people, or better to accept for some of us it's no longer the place it was, not that there are any greener pastures out there.

You've said it yourself: formulaic.  And it's not 'some people' - it's everyone who's been here long enough.  We don't even pretend to be in earnest - we just go with the (portrayed) flow.

Why do you even give a shit about the well-being of this place?

G.
"Clearly, a civilization that feels guilty for everything it is and does will lack the energy and conviction to defend itself."

~Jean-François Revel

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

HisMajestyBOB

Quote from: Darth Wagtaros on April 01, 2011, 08:37:31 PM
Between the racist shtick, the outright hostility and the occasional Siegy attack I can't imagine anyone new would stay. Which is kind of a problem.

Not to mention all the lawyers and Canadians. :x
Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

jimmy olsen

Quote from: HisMajestyBOB on April 02, 2011, 12:26:22 AM
Between the racist shtick, the outright hostility and the occasional Siegy attack I can't imagine anyone new would stay. Which is kind of a problem.

Almost all my friends are Canadians now, they just keep coming. :weep:
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

The Brain

We could invite some people, be on our best behavior for a month, and then BAM! we're back to normal. :)
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Martinus

Quote from: jimmy olsen on April 02, 2011, 12:32:03 AM
Quote from: HisMajestyBOB on April 02, 2011, 12:26:22 AM

Almost all my friends are Canadians now, they just keep coming. :weep:

Actually, this could have more to do with the fact that Canadians are probably too polite to tell you how they really feel about you.

The Brain

Can't we cruise the internet looking for vulnerable boards that are about to have an exodus and cunningly lure the exiles to Languish?

If we can get a bunch of new folks at the same time the board dynamics may be revitalized.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Martinus

Quote from: The Brain on April 02, 2011, 02:29:19 AM
Can't we cruise the internet looking for vulnerable boards that are about to have an exodus and cunningly lure the exiles to Languish?

Sorry, some of us have real jobs.

Josquius

Would new people be good? Yes.
But as said....getting new people is hard. The place isn't too attractive, its just a generic internet forum really, and we're very cliquey.
██████
██████
██████

garbon

Just posts on other boards with links to languish in your sigs.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."<br /><br />I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Richard Hakluyt

I've always thought that Languish is a bit like that movie Highlander; in the end there will be only one left standing and he will be immensely powerful  :huh:

PDH

Fuck bringing in new people and their funny foreign ways.  Fuck them all.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Ed Anger

Quote from: PDH on April 02, 2011, 03:35:21 PM
Fuck bringing in new people and their funny foreign ways.  Fuck them all.

:yes:
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Josquius

Quote from: Richard Hakluyt on April 02, 2011, 09:47:30 AM
I've always thought that Languish is a bit like that movie Highlander; in the end there will be only one left standing and he will be immensely powerful  :huh:

And then there'll be a needless sequel where it turns out we're all weird alien people?
██████
██████
██████

Darth Wagtaros

Quote from: Tyr on April 02, 2011, 03:40:01 PM
Quote from: Richard Hakluyt on April 02, 2011, 09:47:30 AM

And then there'll be a needless sequel where it turns out we're all weird alien people?
I've been thinking most of you are aliens for years.  In some cases illegal aliens, but still.
PDH!