Recruiting New Languishites ?

Started by jamesww, April 01, 2011, 04:05:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BuddhaRhubarb

[ED Anger] Get Off My Lawn[/Ed Anger]
:p

Tamas

Quote from: garbon on April 02, 2011, 07:48:31 AM
Just posts on other boards with links to languish in your sigs.

This could actually work. :) Troll the other place, the enraged masses will pour over here, and they will be promptly chased away with a bleeding nose.
It will be hillarious.

Ender

Quote from: Admiral Yi on April 01, 2011, 04:15:50 PM
If the objective is to gain status by showing what a cool forum you belong to, probably not.

If the objective is to bring in people who will contribute to discussions, and they're the type of people who won't mind overly fending off trolls, why not?

There are no trolls in languish.

Eddie Teach

/puts Ender in headlock and gives him a noogie
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Siege

Quote from: Darth Wagtaros on April 01, 2011, 08:37:31 PM
Between the racist shtick, the outright hostility and the occasional Siegy attack I can't imagine anyone new would stay. Which is kind of a problem.

What? That's so unfair and so uncalled for, you stupid anti-semite retarded communist racist faggot!

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"

Darth Wagtaros

Quote from: Siege on April 03, 2011, 11:50:36 AM
Quote from: Darth Wagtaros on April 01, 2011, 08:37:31 PM
Between the racist shtick, the outright hostility and the occasional Siegy attack I can't imagine anyone new would stay. Which is kind of a problem.

What? That's so unfair and so uncalled for, you stupid anti-semite retarded communist racist faggot!

See? SEE!?!?! You come in here and piss on the gentile's lawn!
PDH!

jamesww

Well I've mentioned it to a few of my friends, but it's not been an easy sell.  :(

Caliga

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

grumbler

Quote from: Ender on April 03, 2011, 09:27:36 AM
There are no trolls in languish.
And we have always been at war with Eastasia.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

jamesww

So I did it:

Hi
Rob has decided to invite all of his personal email contacts to have a look at Languish forum.
This is the place I've met a lot of my international friends and acquaintances, it's been going for more than 8 years and has been a great place for shooting the breeze, seeking advice and general arguing about angels on pinheads.

However due to a couple of recent database crashes and it moving server or some such tech stuff I don't understand, its lost most of the posting histories, so it's in need of an infusion of new blood, so I'm trying to drum up some 'trade' it doesn't cost anything, its a private forum, so you'll need to register to post, though I think you can still browse as a guest.   

I post as jamesww, don't know why other than its one of my middle names, my previous user names died in the above mentioned tech calamities.

Unlike me, there are some very interesting people on the forum, from all sorts of backgrounds with a bias towards North America, though once the Euro and Asian contingent was larger. I think the only reason I'm there it to make up the stupid quotient !

Oops, almost forgot the url:
http://languish.org/forums/index.php?board=1.0

Anyway, have a look around and see what you think.
cheers
Rob H

Malthus

You might have warned them of the high asshole quotient.  :lol:

By that, they will come here expecting highbrow discussions, to be met with a rousing chorus of "who the fuck are you?".
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

HVC

We have high brow conversations... we just through in some vitriol to spice it up. You can only discuss the civil war so many times before it gets boring, but if you throw in some insults regarding a poster performing sexual acts on their own mother then the topic becomes entertaining again :D
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Caliga

Why do you talk about yourself in the third person mongers? :huh:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points