Because Euroweenism deserves its own MEGATHREAD

Started by CountDeMoney, May 06, 2011, 06:28:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MadBurgerMaker

Valmy

Quote from: Martinus on May 06, 2011, 10:57:02 AM
There is a difference. Russians and Ukrainians hide behind bureaucratic rules (which often do not make sense) because they are averse to decision-taking, as the culture dissuades personal responsibility (elderly Poles, especially employed by the state enterprises, still show such qualities too).

Germans stick to the rules because they genuinely believe the sun would not raise on the next morning if they stopped.

I cannot say I blame the Russians and Ukrainians at all.  Everybody who was willing to take personal responsibility was killed long ago.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Iormlund

I can vouch for the anal-retentiveness of Germans. To put forth a recent example, I had to retrieve some lost software licenses from a major German company. I sent them photos of the media, scans of the licenses and billing records of the transactions as proof of ownership.

However, there was some mismatch in the version number of the software. Anyone else would have used common sense, attributed it to a clerical error during the sale and sent the damned licenses right away. Not the Germans. I spent a month dealing with them until my boss asked me to stop banging my head against the wall, give up and tell them to send us whatever they felt like.

Of course once I did that they honored one of the other things they are famous for and I had the rest of the stuff on my desk the very next morning. Anyone else would have slacked off and maybe sent them the next week if we barked loud enough. I know the guys at our sales dept would.

Zoupa

Quote from: C.C.R. on May 06, 2011, 08:25:03 AM
QuoteObama's fickle European fans

This is where *I* stopped taking the article seriously.  With there being several billion people in the world you can pretty much find some douchebag somewhere to serve as Anecdotal Evidence for *whatever* point that you're trying to prove, but when the point of that point is just to stir up shit then I just generally tune out & make waffles or some fucking thing.  Mmm, waffles.  Waffles sound good, but I don't want to dirty up dishes that I'll have to wash.  But damn, waffles sound good right now...

I love you man. No homo love, but still.  :hug:

Richard Hakluyt

Yeah, if more people listened to CCR the world would be a better place  :cool:

derspiess

Quote from: Ed Anger on May 06, 2011, 10:21:21 AM
Dealing with Germans in business:  :yuk:

Anal retentive fucks.  :mad:

That would be a refreshing change.  I've had to deal with a South African vendor for the past 2.5 years & find them to be devious slackers.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Barrister

Quote from: derspiess on May 06, 2011, 04:10:35 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on May 06, 2011, 10:21:21 AM
Dealing with Germans in business:  :yuk:

Anal retentive fucks.  :mad:

That would be a refreshing change.  I've had to deal with a South African vendor for the past 2.5 years & find them to be devious slackers.

You should try dealing with actual criminals and see how you like it.   :mad:
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Slargos

Try dealing with criminals in a business setting, you fairy fuck, and you'll get a real appreciation for them.

Having the weight of the Crown behind you? PUSSY.  :rolleyes:

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Ed Anger on May 06, 2011, 08:33:03 AM
Quote from: Valmy on May 06, 2011, 08:27:05 AM
Quote from: Ed Anger on May 06, 2011, 08:24:55 AM
I like it when Valmy gets worked up.  :)

The bitterness of the Caps being swepts is lingering :angry:

But the team is so badass in the NHL video games.  :(

My thread delivers.

This makes it doubly so.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Martinus on May 06, 2011, 10:03:52 AM
Quote from: Richard Hakluyt on May 06, 2011, 09:45:29 AM
Nobody seems to be bothered here either, and that includes the 10% or so that are muslims.

Here the chief media concern is "Will Poland be targeted as a result", which is hillarious. The President even went on record, saying that Poland is safe.  :lol:

Bet if the fucker was hiding in Poland the Krauts would've found him real fucking quick.

Ed Anger

Quote from: CountDeMoney on May 06, 2011, 05:40:38 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on May 06, 2011, 08:33:03 AM
Quote from: Valmy on May 06, 2011, 08:27:05 AM
Quote from: Ed Anger on May 06, 2011, 08:24:55 AM
I like it when Valmy gets worked up.  :)

The bitterness of the Caps being swepts is lingering :angry:

But the team is so badass in the NHL video games.  :(

My thread delivers.

This makes it doubly so.

:)

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

C.C.R.

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on May 06, 2011, 06:18:49 PM
I feel like waffles all of a sudden.

That was the initial plan for breakfast, but a few beers turned that into pancakes for dinner.  Meh.  Close enough for the Weiner Kids...

citizen k

Quote from: Martinus on May 06, 2011, 08:59:07 AM
I also love how this article insinuates that a single German commentator = all Germans = all Western Europeans = all Europeans.

FYP. Remember, Central Europe died after WWI.

jimmy olsen

Just when you thought Michael Moore couldn't become more irrelevant if he tried.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/05/06/michael-moore-piers-morgan-bin-laden_n_858472.html

QuoteMichael Moore doubled down on his criticism of the killing of Osama bin Laden, telling CNN's Piers Morgan on Thursday that, while he is glad bin Laden is gone, America "lost something of [its] soul" in killing him without putting him on trial.

Moore first gained attention for calling the killing an "execution" in an interview on Wednesday, and he repeated that charge to Morgan. He also criticized people who went to Ground Zero to celebrate bin Laden's death.

"I hear a lot of people often say, what would Jesus do?" he said. "I don't think Jesus would go down to Ground Zero like a lot of people did...and have a party." Morgan asked him why he took issue with the way bin Laden died. Moore said that the killing deviated from the notion that everyone has a right to a trial:

"We've lost something of our soul here in this country...something that separates us from other parts, other countries where we say everybody has their day in court no matter how bad of a person, no matter what piece of scum they are, they have a right to a trial...after World War II, we just didn't go in and put a bullet to the head of all the top Nazis. We put them on trial."

He said people who did not want a trial for Bin Laden were "saying that you hate being an American. You hate what we stand for, you hate what our constitution stands for. We stand for something different than that and we're better than them."
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point