News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Games you would like to see the remake of.

Started by Martinus, March 20, 2011, 06:15:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crazy_Ivan80

Quote from: crazy canuck on April 14, 2011, 01:57:53 PM
Quote from: dps on April 14, 2011, 01:49:54 PM
Quote from: grumbler on April 11, 2011, 11:17:28 AM
Quote from: Benedict Arnold on April 10, 2011, 11:06:33 PM
I rather enjoyed Conquest of the New World when it came out.

http://www.gog.com/en/gamecard/conquest_of_the_new_world (Has anyone used this site for downloading games?  I'm sorely tempted to get this.)
I have gotten several GoG games (FO, FO2, Arcanum, some others i have forgotten).  they work just fine, and are updated for use on modern PCs.

Very tempting.  I thank you, though my bank account may not.  :)

I will echo Grumbler's endorsement of the site.  They have weekly sales so if cost is an issue you may want to wait until the game you want is offered at a discount.
it's a good site indeed

grumbler

Quote from: crazy canuck on April 14, 2011, 01:57:53 PM
I will echo Grumbler's endorsement of the site.  They have weekly sales so if cost is an issue you may want to wait until the game you want is offered at a discount.
I am still waiting for Planescape: Torment to go on sale.  It's been forever.  My existing copy won't run on WinXP or Win7, and I don't want to pay the full $10 just to get a nostalgia kick.  :(
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

crazy canuck

That is a game I always meant to play but didnt get around to getting.  I would appreciate it if you would send a note if it does go on sale so I dont miss it.  I will do the same.

MadImmortalMan

KOTOR2 would be great if remade. Or just completed.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Razgovory

Quote from: crazy canuck on April 20, 2011, 02:33:03 PM
That is a game I always meant to play but didnt get around to getting.  I would appreciate it if you would send a note if it does go on sale so I dont miss it.  I will do the same.

It's only 10 bucks. 
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Oexmelin

Quote from: crazy canuck on April 20, 2011, 02:33:03 PM

It is a wonderful game - one of my favorite games ever. I understand grumbler might not want to buy a game he already owns, but if you've never had it, it is worth much more than 10$. I have played it often, and have always found interesting bits and parts I had never discovered before. The voice acting is great, the story is a very original twist on a well-known theme, the characters are deep, very well-constructed, and moving.

Be advised, however, that it is a strange kind of RPG, very much story-driven (you start as a fighter, and if you want to level up as a mage or a thief, you have to find the way to do so...). You gain much more enjoyment from figuring out parts of the plot than from the usual "fighting bad guys".
Que le grand cric me croque !

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

grumbler

Quote from: Oexmelin on April 20, 2011, 09:59:50 PM
Be advised, however, that it is a strange kind of RPG, very much story-driven (you start as a fighter, and if you want to level up as a mage or a thief, you have to find the way to do so...). You gain much more enjoyment from figuring out parts of the plot than from the usual "fighting bad guys".
That was what i enjoyed about it; the story was more than a thin veneer trying to explain "why are those guys attacking my character?"
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

crazy canuck

Thanks for the advice.  I will pick it up er download it.

Razgovory

Quote from: grumbler on April 21, 2011, 02:30:24 PM
Quote from: Oexmelin on April 20, 2011, 09:59:50 PM
That was what i enjoyed about it; the story was more than a thin veneer trying to explain "why are those guys attacking my character?"

Yeah, the setting itself was pretty neat.  It's essentially taking place in the D&D version of the afterlife.  I had a friend who got the campaign setting and we had great fun playing it.  It had some really neat themes and concepts such as literal bureaucrats from Hell, and medieval cyborgs.  The art from Tony DiTerlizzi was also great and gave it a unique style.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017