News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Brothers in Arms: Hell's Highway

Started by Caliga, May 05, 2011, 07:04:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caliga

I bought this game like 2 years ago and played it for a little but put it aside for some reason.  In the past couple of weeks I've picked it up again and I think I'm close to the end now.  I have to say it's pretty badass. :cool:  I like the fact that it is a functional shooter, but you also get to command squads and tactical positioning matters--gives it a more realistic feel than the Call of Duty franchise, for example.

It also seems to actually have a good story--very cinematic.  They've tried to simulate the effects of PTSD in the game, too, which I thought was a nice touch.

Cal gives this game:  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Razgovory

I was going to get this, but I wanted to play through the second one first.  I never have. :(
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Caliga

I have all three games (bought them as a bundle when they were on sale).

I have to say I HATED the first one, mainly because you are *forced* to do everything via flanking.  Headshot from two feet away?  Automatic miss, because you're not flanking. :bleeding:

I played it for like an hour and ragequit. :(

The third game isn't like that, though... if you really want to you can pretty much solo your way through each mission, though it'd be hard to do that on higher difficulty levels and IMO not as much fun.

Razgovory

Yeah,  I remember a wooden fence would function as adequate cover until you flanked.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Caliga

In Hell's Highway, wooden fences eventually get shot up and destroyed (by both sides).

Slargos

No German story mode?

Unacceptable.

The Brain

Quote from: Caliga on May 05, 2011, 07:04:58 AM
They've tried to simulate the effects of PTSD in the game, too, which I thought was a nice touch.

Miller Lite. :yucky:
Women want me. Men want to be with me.