And we're back!

Main Menu

The 2011 NFL Draft MEGATHREAD

Started by CountDeMoney, April 28, 2011, 06:40:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JacobL

Quote from: katmai on April 30, 2011, 09:23:52 PM
Quote from: JacobL on April 30, 2011, 08:01:20 PM
Thrilled with the Bucs draft outside their last pick.  That one...makes little sense.  Bowers is great value, the LBer covers them on losses this year and brings a little more upside at the unit.  The first TE is an ideal #2 with upside long term to replace Winslow.  Safety is another high production guy that is very average in physical looks but with a chip on his shoulders should be fired up to prove people wrong.  Another power back as well as another sleeper corner late.   :cheers: :yeah:

Heh their last pick is local kid, who walked on at Idaho and ended up semi-finalist for best TE in Country 3 years later.
Unless he is also a long snapper it seems an odd pick.  But meh maybe he turns out to be really good.  They have found good players in the 7th recently a lot oddly.  Probably to make up for no value in the 5th and 6th.

Sophie Scholl

Al Davis continues  to be... special.  I'm just happy we got two players before doing the usual "fastest guy in the draft" pick.  Ugh.  I'm hoping that the grabbing of a TE and a few DB's doesn't mean Nnamdi and Miller are gone.  That would suck.  A lot.  The Browns seem to have pulled off an ok draft overall.  I've been stuck at work all day so I haven't gotten to read much on either teams' picks yet.
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

Sophie Scholl

Non-Draft item, but still a nice article on why Ray Lewis is awesome:

NFL star helps NY boy after mom's suicide plunge
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=Aiwz3TIyiJ8nxNTIFlOXXAtDubYF?slug=ap-riverdeaths-survivor
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

katmai

On September 1, 2007, Appalachian State shocked the Michigan Wolverines (and the rest of the world) by beating them, 34-32. On April 30, 2011, Appalachian State (Daniel Kilgore(notes), Mark Legree(notes), D.J. Smith(notes)) shocked the Wolverines again (Jonas Mouton(notes), Steve Schilling(notes)) by beating them, 3-2, in draft picks. Some teams just have other teams' numbers.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Benedict Arnold on April 30, 2011, 10:40:30 PM
Non-Draft item, but still a nice article on why Ray Lewis is awesome:

NFL star helps NY boy after mom's suicide plunge
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=Aiwz3TIyiJ8nxNTIFlOXXAtDubYF?slug=ap-riverdeaths-survivor

Berkut will be the first to tell you it's just an act, as you'll notice she drowned her kids, not stabbed them.  :bigberkutrolleyes:

jimmy olsen

:lol:

Will you ever get over that?
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

CountDeMoney

CountDeMoney

Draft pick Jimmy Smith gets the law.

QuoteAnd he was welcomed to the team by Ray Lewis, who called him on Saturday. "He just welcomed me and set me straight on how the team is going to be ran," he said. "He is the boss, as far as on the defense."

dps

Quote from: jimmy olsen on May 01, 2011, 06:15:57 AM
I'm shocked! Shocked!

http://www.slate.com/id/2292636/

I'd really like to see a lot more data points before I put much stock in this.