News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The 2011 NFL Draft MEGATHREAD

Started by CountDeMoney, April 28, 2011, 06:40:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Ed Anger on April 29, 2011, 06:12:06 AM
Well somebody was wrong. Too bad it was to the Stillers.

I bet it hurts, doesn't it?  Stings.

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

JacobL

I wonder if the Lions plan to run a 4 DT front :moon:

Savonarola

While I don't know if Nick Fairley will work out for the Lions; I do know that he's headed to the right town.  If you're the sort of person who would steal Joe Paterno's glasses and wear them in public then Detroit is the city for you.
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

Neil

I liked the Ravens pick.  I also liked the Panthers' choice, because now they're doomed.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

dps

Quote from: Neil on April 29, 2011, 10:14:00 AM
I liked the Ravens pick.  I also liked the Panthers' choice, because now they're doomed.

I don't know, Newton could be great--maybe one of the best ever--his upside is really that high.  But I see him as very unlikely to reach that upside.  His downside, BTW, which I also see as very unlikely, is that he's the next JaMarcus Russell.  Most likely scenario--he's the new Richard Todd.

Ed Anger

Ed Anger

MadImmortalMan

49ers took Kap too. What's up with all the QBs going so early? I figured another couple rounds before they started dropping in earnest.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

katmai

Dalton and Kap were both thought of as possible 1st rounders and rounding out the 6 best qb's and I'm sure as soon as Dalton was picked the Niners ran to trade up to make sure they didn't miss out.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

CountDeMoney

Oh fuck it looks like Baltimore's taking Torrey Smith from Maryland.

I so just jizzed.

CountDeMoney

Christ, Franco Harris looks like he just stepped out of 1978.  The man's the Dick Clark of football.

MadBurgerMaker

Texans first two rounds:

JJ Watt - DL Wisconsin
Brooks Reed - LB Arizona
Brandon Harris - DB Miami

:)

CountDeMoney

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on April 29, 2011, 07:35:14 PM
Texans first two rounds:

They really, really need the help.  All three should be instant starters.

Neil

Quote from: CountDeMoney on April 29, 2011, 07:10:34 PM
Oh fuck it looks like Baltimore's taking Torrey Smith from Maryland.

I so just jizzed.
What's the story with Smith?  Is he young Derrick Mason or this year's Yamon Figurs?
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.