News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The 2011 NFL Draft MEGATHREAD

Started by CountDeMoney, April 28, 2011, 06:40:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: CountDeMoney on April 29, 2011, 07:36:42 PM
They really, really need the help.  All three should be instant starters.

Watt won't be unless they get rid of either Smith or Williams or make him the starting NT.  Reed might be a starting OLB, but I don't really know what they're doing with that outside of Ryans and Cushing.  Harris would have to be starting instead of Quin, who they would move to S, I guess.  It would be the same situation as last year:  a rookie and a 2nd year CB starting.

Edit:  From what I understand, Smith has been kinda bitchy about being in a 3-4, so they might be looking at getting rid of him.  vOv

Neil

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on April 29, 2011, 07:35:14 PM
Texans first two rounds:

Which weirds me out a bit.  They have some impact players on D, so I'm not sure why they're so terrible.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Neil on April 29, 2011, 07:38:55 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on April 29, 2011, 07:10:34 PM
Oh fuck it looks like Baltimore's taking Torrey Smith from Maryland.

I so just jizzed.
What's the story with Smith?  Is he young Derrick Mason or this year's Yamon Figurs?

He's big, but not Terrell Owens big.  Fast, with great acceleration in the 1st and 2nd gears off the line to get downfield.  Ran one of the best raw 40s in the February combine.  And he *shock* actually has hands.  Fridge absolutely gushes over him.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on April 29, 2011, 07:40:05 PM

Watt won't be unless they get rid of either Smith or Williams or make him the starting NT. 

I could see Watt playing anywhere on the line.  He's that versatile.
You don't watch Big Ten football, do you?

Ed Anger

LOL. Marvin Lewis basically told Carson to fuck off.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: CountDeMoney on April 29, 2011, 07:49:17 PM
I could see Watt playing anywhere on the line.  He's that versatile.
You don't watch Big Ten football, do you?

I understand that he's versatile, but he isn't going to be taking the starting spots from either Mario Williams or Antonio Smith if they're on the team, which means it's either starting NT or moving into one of their DE spots if they get traded/moved to NT (Smith maybe).  They might also take an NT with one of their remaining picks, or in FA (and they do also have some DTs who may be able to take that spot on the roster right now).  But yeah, as of right now, it's either NT, or rotating in.

QuoteWhich weirds me out a bit.  They have some impact players on D, so I'm not sure why they're so terrible.

The D coaching hasn't exactly been stellar after Capers was shitcanned.

E: Mallett to the Patriots.  Is the meth good up there in New England?  If not, that's going to be one seriously disgruntled backup QB.

katmai

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Valmy

The Skins got a WR and two D-lineman and they picked up alot of picks.  Should be interesting tommorow.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

katmai

Yeah Niners have a 4th, 3 6th and 4 7th's tomorrow :lol:

CountDeMoney

CountDeMoney

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on April 29, 2011, 08:10:02 PME: Mallett to the Patriots.  Is the meth good up there in New England?  If not, that's going to be one seriously disgruntled backup QB.

Once again, the Raiders do the inexplicable on Draft Day.  JUST CONFUSE BABY

katmai

CountDeMoney

Quote from: katmai on April 30, 2011, 07:18:02 AM
:huh:

It was their trading down to the bottom of the 3rd round when the 2nd round wasn't even over that facilitated the NE pick.  Al Davis continues to destroy his own franchise.  Unfortunately, it helped NE.  Even Belichick said it was the most surreal trade discussion he'd ever had.

katmai

Ah, yeah i had fallen asleep by end of 2nd round.

CountDeMoney

Hey Ed Anger, after all that bullshit, you're going to love this:

QuoteThe Patriots now have two first-round picks and two second-round picks in the 2012 draft.