And we're back!

Main Menu

The 2011 NFL Draft MEGATHREAD

Started by CountDeMoney, April 28, 2011, 06:40:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Anger

Quote from: CountDeMoney on April 30, 2011, 07:32:12 AM
Hey Ed Anger, after all that bullshit, you're going to love this:

QuoteThe Patriots now have two first-round picks and two second-round picks in the 2012 draft.

:mad:
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

jimmy olsen

I would have preferred to get a pass rusher this draft.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

CountDeMoney

jimmy olsen

Quote from: CountDeMoney on April 30, 2011, 07:38:55 AM
Fuck you.
Don't know why you've got your panties in a bunch, I don't think the Pat's draft has been very good.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Vince

Quote from: CountDeMoney on April 30, 2011, 07:32:12 AM
Hey Ed Anger, after all that bullshit, you're going to love this:

QuoteThe Patriots now have two first-round picks and two second-round picks in the 2012 draft.

Yeah but he has all these picks every year and he seems to not do as well as you'd think.  I was really concerned the Pats would go with Wilkerson and Heyward in the first and completely revamp their DL.

Neil

Quote from: jimmy olsen on April 30, 2011, 07:46:28 AM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on April 30, 2011, 07:38:55 AM
Fuck you.
Don't know why you've got your panties in a bunch, I don't think the Pat's draft has been very good.
They never draft very well.  That's the funny thing.  They get themselves millions of draft picks, and then use them on so-so players.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Ed Anger

Seedy will enjoy the pick of Tandon Doss. Dude can play.

CountDeMoney

At least the writers in Oakland are having fun with Al Davis' draft strategy in previous years.

With 1st Round Pick, Raiders Select 31 Year Old DE Richard Seymour

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Ed Anger on April 30, 2011, 12:37:07 PM
Seedy will enjoy the pick of Tandon Doss. Dude can play.

I hadn't seen much of him, but what I remember he's tall with true ball skills.  If he's an inside the hashs banger like they say he is, he'll make the squad.

MadBurgerMaker

Two more DBs and a backup QB for the Texans now.  I recognize the QB (Taylor Yates from UNC), but not the other two.  Rashad Carmichael from VaTech and Shiloh Keo from Idaho.  Keo seems to be...well....slow.  I know the 40 isn't everything, but he ran a 4.75.  Shit Watt ran a 4.84.   :huh:  I wonder if he was hurt or something.

Anyway, unless they make some deals, they've got two 7th rounders left to pick and they're done. 

Ed Anger

I have now hit draft and Trent Dilfer overload.

But at least I saw where Homan (Beeb will be pleased with that one) and Rolle ( we have any Eagles fans here? Any Santa pummellers?) went.

JacobL

Thrilled with the Bucs draft outside their last pick.  That one...makes little sense.  Bowers is great value, the LBer covers them on losses this year and brings a little more upside at the unit.  The first TE is an ideal #2 with upside long term to replace Winslow.  Safety is another high production guy that is very average in physical looks but with a chip on his shoulders should be fired up to prove people wrong.  Another power back as well as another sleeper corner late.   :cheers: :yeah:

Lions just makes little sense.  It was like they were drafting for another team.  Sure on paper the players should be about ranked 8-18th in value for this draft but man fitting them into the team will seriously limit the upside for several years.  DT will just push a solid young #3 DT to the bench fully, WR is ok since one was needed but too high for just a complimentary WR.  The HB is also good value but the trade cost them their 4th rounder which should have yielded a decent LBer/CB.  Developmental LBer ok...but they need 1 now AND another 1 in the future so the dire need of today is still there.  7th rounder...meh seems like a poor fit.  Too many decent DBs show up in the 7th round to go after a long term project OLineman.  Just odd draft... :hmm: :hmm:

Alcibiades

New England Patriots Hold All 32 Picks in the First Round of the 2016 NFL Draft; looking to trade down.

The usually boisterous crowd at Radio City Musical Hall sat in stunned silence as commissioner Goodell announced the first 11 picks in the draft all at once. "We decided to go with a new defense this year," said Patriots head coach Bill Belichick, "With the first 11 picks, we found our guys." The fans perked when it was announced that the Jets traded up to the 12th spot. However their spirits again fell when they learned that the deal sent the Jets 2017 and 2018 first round picks to the Patriots. "We did our homework and couldn't believe that guy's footwork," said coach Rex Ryan, "we got ourselves a great Tight-end for years to come." The Carolina Panthers, sitting at 33, were hoping that Heisman quarterback Tim Exley would fall all to way to the top of the second round. "The Pats already have 5 quarterbacks," Panthers new head coach Jake Delhomme said, "so we don't expect them to take any in the first round." The Patriots waited until the 32nd pick to take the Heisman winner. The Panthers front office took the pick as a personal affront. "They could have taken him at 1 or 14 or 26, no, they had to give us hope before they fucked us in the ass," Delhomme said. Within hours, a trade sent Exley packing to Carolina in exchange for Carolina's first pick in the next three drafts. Near the end of the first round, the Patriots became desperate to trade back as their roster ballooned well past the 80-man limit. They sent the 29th pick to the Miami Dolphins in exchange for the Dolphins playbook and a 12% ownership stake in the franchise. "All in all it was a pretty good night," said Belichick, "a lot of guys fell to us."

Wait...  What would you know about masculinity, you fucking faggot?  - Overly Autistic Neil

OTOH, if you think that a Jew actually IS poisoning the wells you should call the cops. IMHO.   - The Brain

katmai

Quote from: JacobL on April 30, 2011, 08:01:20 PM
Thrilled with the Bucs draft outside their last pick.  That one...makes little sense.  Bowers is great value, the LBer covers them on losses this year and brings a little more upside at the unit.  The first TE is an ideal #2 with upside long term to replace Winslow.  Safety is another high production guy that is very average in physical looks but with a chip on his shoulders should be fired up to prove people wrong.  Another power back as well as another sleeper corner late.   :cheers: :yeah:

Heh their last pick is local kid, who walked on at Idaho and ended up semi-finalist for best TE in Country 3 years later.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

MadBurgerMaker

Your 2011 Mr. Irrelevant, Cheta Ozougwu - LB:

Only guy from Rice taken this year.  Congrats to him.

I like the Texans draft overall.  They hit need positions or potential need positions with every pick: DL (1st rd), LB (2nd, 7th), DB (2nd, 4th, 5th), QB (5th), and an OT (7th).  The OT, I assume, is if they're unable to resign...uh...er...Butler, I think it is.  The QB is presumably so they can shitcan Dan-O in favor of someone not utterly worthless.