And we're back!

Main Menu

The 2011 NFL Draft MEGATHREAD

Started by CountDeMoney, April 28, 2011, 06:40:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

Quote from: katmai on April 28, 2011, 09:52:20 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on April 28, 2011, 09:44:48 PM
If Seattle doesn't take him, the Ravens take Mark Ingram.  You heard it here first.

Do Ravens have a running back? i forget.

Need somebody to complement Ray Rice, Ingram would be the ticket.  McGahee will be gone, and McClain isn't the answer.

katmai

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

CountDeMoney

Quote from: katmai on April 28, 2011, 09:53:38 PM
Uh Kerrigan is DE

My bad. I was dozing during the teens.

Worse pick. Foreskins need help on OL. I retract.

katmai

Quote from: CountDeMoney on April 28, 2011, 09:54:40 PM
Quote from: katmai on April 28, 2011, 09:53:38 PM
Uh Kerrigan is DE

My bad. I was dozing during the teens.

Yeah I haven't really been paying attention since like pick 10

katmai

And Ravens go....with nothing?

Verdict Neil and Seedy?

CountDeMoney

Valmy

In CDM's defense when you see a big white dude you just sorta presume he is on the Offensive Line not the Defensive Line.

In any case at least they have two second round picks now.  Maybe they will grab some Oline help there.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

CountDeMoney

So the Ravens tried trading down to Chicago, didn't happen.

Jimmy Smith works.  He's a need pick.

Vince

I can live with the Jets taking Wilkerson. 

Sophie Scholl

My reaction to the Browns moves:   :yeah: .... :huh: .... :weep:  Trade down was great.  Trade up for a guy who they could have had at 27 or the 2nd round?  Awful.  Especially since Jauron, odds are, is going to a 4-3.  What the fuck do they need a NT for?  Not to mention they already Rubin who is pretty good.  Ugh.  Mike Holmgren is fucking awful.  Saints had a great first round.  I'm curious as to who Crazy Al takes tomorrow.  Almost surprised he didn't pull some goofy ass stunt today.
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: Benedict Arnold on April 28, 2011, 11:42:42 PM
My reaction to the Browns moves:   :yeah: .... :huh: .... :weep:  Trade down was great.  Trade up for a guy who they could have had at 27 or the 2nd round?  Awful.  Especially since Jauron, odds are, is going to a 4-3.  What the fuck do they need a NT for?  Not to mention they already Rubin who is pretty good.  Ugh.  Mike Holmgren is fucking awful.  Saints had a great first round.  I'm curious as to who Crazy Al takes tomorrow.  Almost surprised he didn't pull some goofy ass stunt today.

Man, I dunno.  The Brownies got like 6 more picks out of that, including another first next year (? IIRC).  And damn, if they needed a huge fatguy, and it sounds like they did, they really really got one.

Sophie Scholl

Yeah, they pulled in an immense haul for that number 6 pick.  I was a big fan of that.  Real big.  I just thought that drafting who they did when they did and how was silly.  I don't think anyone else would have grabbed him in the ensuing 6 picks if they were truly obsessed with drafting him.  Losing a 3rd rounder this year, and the earlier of their two at that, is not a good move when they have as many needs as they do.  I'm pretty sure they have this new guy and Rubin for a DL right now.  That's it.  I'm really hoping Holmgren and Shurmer pull out some amazing shit, but I have a bad feeling about it.  I would much, much rather have stayed with Mangini and his plan which seemed to be making some progress, if not necessarily paying of W-L dividends yet.  Now yet another foundation is blown up and they're starting over yet again.
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

dps

Quote from: katmai on April 28, 2011, 08:00:20 PM
Quote from: dps on April 28, 2011, 07:58:12 PM
Two QB's gone in the top 8 picks, including the #1, a draft year when there probably isn't a legit first-round QB to be had.  Ugh.

Some writers were saying the record for 6 in 1st round could be tied tonight, with so many teams needing the position and the labor situation leaving free agency up in air.

Yeah, I don't think that I've ever seen a time when there were so many teams that need QBs.  But, that's largely because there just haven't been many NFL caliber QB's coming out of the college ranks the last few years.  Actually, in some ways, this is probably the strongest QB class in a while--but mostly in terms of quantity, not quality.  Basically, there are a bunch of guys who could develop into quality NFL starting QBs, but they all have significant downsides as well, and none of them are clearly ready to start.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Benedict Arnold on April 28, 2011, 11:42:42 PM

Dude, they totally soaked the Falcons.  That alone is a franchise victory. They need the runstopper in that division.

Ed Anger

Quote from: katmai on April 28, 2011, 08:28:18 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on April 28, 2011, 08:27:19 PM
If the Pats pick a player I like (ie an Ohio State player), I will psychically punch Tim in the nuts.

I don't think any Buckeyes expected to be drafted in 1st rd this year.

:P

Well somebody was wrong. Too bad it was to the Stillers.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive