News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

4:20 in Vancouver

Started by crazy canuck, April 20, 2011, 04:19:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caliga

:hmm: Surprised they would be fans of a movie where one prays in India. :huh:

Did some religious nut endorse the movie or something?
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Valmy

Quote from: Caliga on April 21, 2011, 08:07:17 AM
:hmm: Surprised they would be fans of a movie where one prays in India. :huh:

Did some religious nut endorse the movie or something?

Well Oprah liked it.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Ed Anger

Quote from: Syt on April 20, 2011, 10:53:29 PM
German skinheads also celebrate 4:20. In my old hometown they'd have barbecues at the townlake during the 80s/early 90s.

Belated Happy Birthday, Adolf! :cheers:
http://hoosieraccess.com/files/2008/04/zirkle-speaks-at-nazi-event.jpg

HOW DID YOU FIND MY FLICKR ACCOUNT?
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Caliga

Quote from: Valmy on April 21, 2011, 08:11:33 AM
Well Oprah liked it.
aaaaa-HA.  That explains it.  Southern white middle-aged chicks are obsessed with Oprah for some reason.

Malthus

Quote from: Caliga on April 21, 2011, 08:25:07 AM
Quote from: Valmy on April 21, 2011, 08:11:33 AM
Well Oprah liked it.
aaaaa-HA.  That explains it.  Southern white middle-aged chicks are obsessed with Oprah for some reason.

I haven't actually seen it, but from what I've heard, it is about a woman who leaves her okay-ish husband because she's just not getting enough out of life, and learns how she can have it all - good food, religious enlightenment, and hott sex.

Pure selfish wish-fulfilment for the middle-aged woman crowd (of the sort that would have them up in arms with a vengence if the sex of the protagonist was reversed - and it was about some guy who leaves his humdrum wife for a more fulfilling life of eating BBQ ribs, learning to get right with God by studying to be a Baptist minister, and banging hott chicks -- which basically sounds like any TV evangelist's bio.  ;) ).
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Caliga

:lmfao:

That explains: even more.

Oexmelin

Quote from: Syt on April 21, 2011, 03:10:57 AM
Quote from: Oexmelin on April 20, 2011, 11:20:40 PM
Yes, I am sure there are no problems in Germany to get someone to print, or paint, a large, inspiring portrait of Hitler.

Well, from the American flag I'd think that photo was taken in the U.S. ;)

:D I hadn't spotted the flag.

Then, it would have be much easier. A simple portrait of Bush would have sufficed.
Que le grand cric me croque !

Malthus

Quote from: Oexmelin on April 21, 2011, 10:19:46 AM
Quote from: Syt on April 21, 2011, 03:10:57 AM
Quote from: Oexmelin on April 20, 2011, 11:20:40 PM
Yes, I am sure there are no problems in Germany to get someone to print, or paint, a large, inspiring portrait of Hitler.

Well, from the American flag I'd think that photo was taken in the U.S. ;)

:D I hadn't spotted the flag.

Then, it would have be much easier. A simple portrait of Bush would have sufficed.

I take it you are inspired by Bush?  :hmm:

;)
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

crazy canuck

Quote from: Neil on April 20, 2011, 09:00:52 PM
Quote from: crazy canuck on April 20, 2011, 08:52:00 PM
I really dont think the US is going to stop buying our natural resources because we tax the pot that people are smoking anyway. 

The US already knows we have pot growers, sellers and users here.  They have ways of dealing with that.  Ever hear of Marc Emery?
Surely a city the size of Vancouver must do more than just act as an entrepot for natural resources heading south?

Are you upset that Edmonton cant even do that?

crazy canuck

Quote from: Malthus on April 21, 2011, 08:55:23 AM
Pure selfish wish-fulfilment for the middle-aged woman crowd (of the sort that would have them up in arms with a vengence if the sex of the protagonist was reversed - and it was about some guy who leaves his humdrum wife for a more fulfilling life of eating BBQ ribs, learning to get right with God by studying to be a Baptist minister, and banging hott chicks -- which basically sounds like any TV evangelist's bio.  ;) ).

QuoteDrink, Play, F@#k: One Man's Search for Anything Across Ireland, Las Vegas, and Thailand

http://www.amazon.ca/Drink-Play-Anything-Ireland-Thailand/dp/0802170528

It was in the bargain bin at Chapters.  My wife slapped my hand when I picked it up. :D

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Neil

Quote from: crazy canuck on April 21, 2011, 11:11:54 AM
I really dont think the US is going to stop buying our natural resources because we tax the pot that people are smoking anyway. 

The US already knows we have pot growers, sellers and users here.  They have ways of dealing with that.  Ever hear of Marc Emery?
Surely a city the size of Vancouver must do more than just act as an entrepot for natural resources heading south?
Edmonton's main function these days is as a religious centre.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

grumbler

Quote from: viper37 on April 20, 2011, 08:09:14 PM
Tobacco is legal, yet costs more than it brings in taxation revenues.  I don't see why we should add another dangerous product to the mix.
That's because you are drinking too much of the kool-aid.  Every reduction in tobacco use not only costs society the revenue from the taxes, but fails to kill off fewer old people with quick-acting cancer, and instead lets them die slowly and expensively of other diseases and disorders.  On a cost-effectiveness basis, tobacco use abatement is a loser, as is marijuana use reduction.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Barrister

Quote from: Neil on April 21, 2011, 01:16:56 PM
Quote from: crazy canuck on April 21, 2011, 11:11:54 AM

Edmonton's main function these days is as a religious centre.

WTF?
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

crazy canuck

Quote from: Barrister on April 21, 2011, 02:30:52 PM
WTF?

Do you see what kind of brain function awaits you if you stay there too long.